What's up with my branching hammer

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2017
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
949
Location
Delaware
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had this coral for several months now and it's been fine and dandy until yesterday. This one head has been all shriveled up and not looking so hot. The rest of the coral and everything else in the tank seems fine. I try to spot feed the hammer occasionally.

Thanks!

Tank Params are:
1.025 SG
~0 Nitrates
~0 Phosphates
Calcium 450
Alk 8
Temp 78

IMG_9295.jpeg


IMG_9296.jpeg


IMG_9294.jpeg
 
Ok thanks! Only fish in the tank currently are a mandarin, goby, and leopard wrasse so I doubt anyone is nipping. I’ve never seen it so deflated so I was just a bit concerned. :D
 
On an unrelated note... I’ve never seen so many feather dusters! Cool.

I wouldn’t worry about the hammer at this point since its only been a day.
 
throughout the day, heads will randomly deflate then inflate on my green torch coral (about 6 heads) unless it actually starts dying I wouldnt worry about it. if it does start dying just cut it off from the rest so that nothing spreads.
 
@samnaz the population of feather dusters exploded after I started dosing phyto actually! I guess they must like filtering it all from the water column :eek: thanks for the advice about the hammer. Other then that one head the rest seems happy still, I’ll just be sure to keep an eye on it.
 
I am concerned with your nutrients being 0 and 0. But that doesn’t seem to be effecting anything right now. But if this continues I would raise those a little.
 
I’ve been trying to bring them up. Feeding heavy and introducing two more fish next week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new