OP
dstockwell

dstockwell

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just can't understand how a tank that is over a year old can go from good to horrible in such a short time frame. I will be lucky if any fish survive, if brook is clown fish disease guess what won't be coming back into the tank unless it survives QT.

Is there anything I need to dose in DT, corals are fine.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two more gone, Ebili, and hog.
In just 20 minutes since your previous post? Were they showing symptoms?

Have you tried treating them with anything yet?

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I could get local https://www.kordon.com/kordon/produ...ives-and-treatments-2/rid-ich#compatabilities!

Because neither LFS or Petsmart had Rally Pro or formalin. Formalin on Amazon 7 days on fastest ship

Rid-Ich has formalin in it, but it also has malachite green. The problem is that the ratio it is made with, you cannot get a high enough dose for the formalin without overdosing the fish with the malachite green component. As-dosed, it is only 15 ppm formalin. Have you seen any improvement in the remaining fish after using it?

Jay

OP
OP
dstockwell

dstockwell

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown is eating I didn't see whether the other two did or not. The Bristeltooth has some activity. Just put on the U.V to clear the bio bloom. I have some carbon I will run before switching to Rally Pro.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown is eating I didn't see whether the other two did or not. The Bristeltooth has some activity. Just put on the U.V to clear the bio bloom. I have some carbon I will run before switching to Rally Pro.
Be sure to aerate the tank well if you have a bacterial bloom, the bacteria can really pull oxygen from the water .
Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So two treatments in and the only thing left is the clown, what the ####. Is there anything I need to do to DT. Haven't checked water since the last, but corals all look good.

I’m confused - you’ve been using Rid Ich in your DT? I would have thought it would be bad on corals….

Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not using anything in DT, used in QT until I got Rally. Was just curious if there was anything than no fish I needed to do in DT.
Good - you said “the corals looked good”, so I assumed they were in the same tank as the fish.

As I said, Rid Ich just doesn’t have the correct formalin dose in it to work well…..

Jay

OP
OP
dstockwell

dstockwell

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well no fish made it, so will just sit and watch the corals and inverts do there thing. Don't understand what happened or how, but to late now. I will check my water and do a 20% water change. Really need to trim some pulsing xenia, and try another aquascape since I had to move most rocks to get the fish out.

OP
OP
dstockwell

dstockwell

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started running a some carbon a little after brook incident and have never seen the water so clear, and the rest of the tank corals mostly soft are looking great. Just waiting on fish date Jan 4th their about.

Back