Whats up with the no stock issue with tropic marin?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey BRS, any updates here? The CEO of Tropic Marin USA is stating on their thread that "this salt is coming in regularly to the USA" yet I think BRS has been out now for 3 months or so.
I really need to get some from you all soon!
Thanks,
Todd
Assuming that everything arrives on time, we have a pretty large shipment coming in towards the end of the month. Our receiving team will prioritize this so that it hits the website as soon as we can get the order all processed into inventory.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need the ALL FOR REEF POWDER TOO!!!. Im about to order another 2 direct from germany as brs was supposed to have it last month, but it never posted to the website

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey BRS, any updates here? The CEO of Tropic Marin USA is stating on their thread that "this salt is coming in regularly to the USA" yet I think BRS has been out now for 3 months or so.
I really need to get some from you all soon!
Thanks,
Todd
I saw that and I call BS on that statement. Either that or their definition of "coming in regularly" is a couple of buckets. I would love to see what they are calling a huge increase in demand. Is that 5%? 10%? 25%? I personally don't know any reefers that use their salt because of the high cost. Maybe it is huge increase in demand in Europe?

As I sated in their other thread my SIL lives in Germany and she said they had been shut down except for grocery stores and medical facilities. The TM guy said they hadn't missed a day of production so I guess I need to call my SIL a liar. From what she has told us, they haven't even ramped up vacinnations their yet.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I've checked them all. Most here don't stock it due to it's cost. Our local market is very cheap!

Nobody up hear carries it either. The one store I talk to the manager all the time said it just sat there when they did have it and they couldn't afford the slow turn over when they could have that money invested in inventory that sold a lot quicker.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how much you buy. Five or ten liters.
Carbo-Calcium is in stock.
Yes what they said, carbo calcium is not afr though. I was using the diy kits to mix up 10ltrs of afr at a time.
But since the afr powder has come out i can make 20ltrs for about the same price as the 10ltr kit cost with next day delivery. Only issue ive had is the shipping takes about 1 month ordering direct from germany.

AdamD76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes what they said, carbo calcium is not afr though. I was using the diy kits to mix up 10ltrs of afr at a time.
But since the afr powder has come out i can make 20ltrs for about the same price as the 10ltr kit cost with next day delivery. Only issue ive had is the shipping takes about 1 month ordering direct from germany.
Can you share which seller your getting it from?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brs, is there a pre mixed powder? Otherwise u just buy the ingredients, carbo, mag, a, and k

There will be an All For Reef Powder (a single powder, not the DIY kit that we have on the website currently). Actually, it's available in Europe, just not in North America quite yet.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share which seller your getting it from?
Yes ill look them up again, actually emailed them this morning to arrange ordering again, they dont have it on their ebay store right now.
Another german store on ebay responded with an attitude, which was replied to in kind
There will be an All For Reef Powder (a single powder, not the DIY kit that we have on the website currently). Actually, it's available in Europe, just not in North America quite yet.
This is the 1600g (10ltrs) container i got from germany. 6 level scoops per each 1ltr of rodi. I have found that adding an extra 100ml of rodi per liter results in complete mixing of the solution, no residue settling on the bottom like happens with the diy kit. Tm said the settled sediment isnt anything to worry about, that its completely normal. Adding a bit more water does cause a slight diluted mix, but thats easily delt with by dosing a few extra ml a day. As long as you mix the same ingredient measurements each time, theres no issues.
I mixed up 20 liters all at one time with zero issues by the way.

Attachments

• 20201115_142458.jpg
    20201115_142458.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 37

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the ebay seller.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210315-174109_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210315-174109_eBay.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 36

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin Pro Reef salt hit the website this morning. If you're in need of Pro Reef salt, buy quick, because we do anticipate selling out. Another smaller shipment is on the way as well. Please only order what you need :)

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin Pro Reef salt hit the website this morning. If you're in need of Pro Reef salt, buy quick, because we do anticipate selling out. Another smaller shipment is on the way as well. Please only order what you need :)

Eta on the all for reef powder still next month? I thought it was going to be in this shipment?

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Site shows availability but receiving error when attempting to add it to the cart.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Site shows availability but receiving error when attempting to add it to the cart.

The website is being a little slow to update, but we are now sold out of the 200 gallon size. We're putting up the smaller 80 gallon buckets here shortly. Another Tropic Marin Pro Reef shipment is expected on Monday if you're not interested in the smaller buckets.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The website is being a little slow to update, but we are now sold out of the 200 gallon size. We're putting up the smaller 80 gallon buckets here shortly. Another Tropic Marin Pro Reef shipment is expected on Monday if you're not interested in the smaller buckets.
Again, is the all for reef powder in that next shipment?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back