What's up with this site?

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if it is just me, which is why I post this message.

It seems to me that since switching over to the new server, there has been a terrible lag. I suspect that I am not the only one with this problem.

One thing I've noticed is that when I post a reply, the indicator bar will continue to turn. And after waiting, I may click as second or third time. When the system catches up, my post may turn into a double or triple post. I've seen this with other postings from other members.

Today, there was a point where I came on line to look something up. I got a "server not found" message.

Am I the only one experiencing these issues?

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if it is just me, which is why I post this message.

It seems to me that since switching over to the new server, there has been a terrible lag. I suspect that I am not the only one with this problem.

One thing I've noticed is that when I post a reply, the indicator bar will continue to turn. And after waiting, I may click as second or third time. When the system catches up, my post may turn into a double or triple post. I've seen this with other postings from other members.

Today, there was a point where I came on line to look something up. I got a "server not found" message.

Am I the only one experiencing these issues?

You are not alone my confidant. Same here but thought it might be my wife's VPN...but still the same when she is not on VPN.

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hit or miss depending on the time of the day it seems. I know they are working there hardest to get it fixed. We just need to keep reporting what’s wrong and they will continue to fix it!

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been hit or miss for me as well. Stalls while loading a page, but not all the time. I hit the like button and nothing happens until I refresh the page. Sometimes the post gets liked, sometimes it doesnt.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, unfortunately the new server is experiencing issues. IT is aware of it and were working to get all the issues resolved. Thank you for your patients as we work to make this site the greatest site on the internet :D

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the response. The thing to do is wait it out and let them iron out the wrinkles.

Thank goodness for technology... LOL

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, unfortunately the new server is experiencing issues. IT is aware of it and were working to get all the issues resolved. Thank you for your patients as we work to make this site the greatest site on the internet :D

Knew it had to be the case...on my old co-owned local forum, my server had problems initially for ~3 months until all was worked out.

I cannot fathom what it takes for all going on for this large of a forum which is global.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back