What's with my Trident dosing?

Steve1500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I setup my trident dosing after 10 days of letting it settle. I calibrated the Apex dosing unit, followed all directions on trident and DOS setup. I hooked everything up, updated everything and nothing is happening (no dosing) for Alkalinity or Calcium. I did not setup Magnesium.

The Neptune Get Started instructions for the trident dosing recommends single doses per day, but the interval schedule in Fusion shows it dosing 130 per day (Alkalinity). Similar for Calcium. To maintain stability, I would not think single doses per day would be optimum, but I am new to this. Why isn't the Trident dosing or is it going to dose once per day?

BTW, I don't have any more EB 832 USB ports to connect to so I am connected through a USB port on the FMM module. Not sure if this makes a difference or not.

Below are the instructions and my alkalinity interval schedule (Calcium is similar):

thumbnail.png thumbnail-2.png

DWPhilli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you set the time frame for dosing over the whole 24 hours, it will be evenly split into several smaller doses automatically by DOS / Apex.

OP
OP
S

Steve1500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you set the time frame for dosing over the whole 24 hours, it will be evenly split into several smaller doses automatically by DOS / Apex.
thanks! Yes, I did split it btn 24 hrs but it is not dosing. According to the interval schedule, it should dose every 11 minutes but it is not dosing at all. Will have to go back to drawing board.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back