What's wrong with my clam?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JeannieS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JeannieS

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
103
Reaction score
28
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clam's foot has turned black. I inspected for any parasites and I don't see anything. It is still opening normally and I only saw the discoloration by chance when I accidentally knocked the clam over. Nitrate is 5, pH 8, dKH 8.3, phosphate .03, calcium 455, mag 1380, SG 1.026. I have been feeding it with puffs of phyto from a syringe upstream from its mouth. It's been in my tank a little over 2 months. Any advice would be appreciated.

Clam Foot.JPG Clam.JPG
 
So ive kept clams before long ago. If its opening and eating it should be fine. What are you feeding?
 
phytoplankton - a few puffs upstream from his mouth daily
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new