What's your favorite frag in your tank right now?

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7eb2bcfcaa6f65f51cdcefd8af6eea9d.jpg

That's super pretty. I've been looking at plate corals, do you mind telling me the name of that and what it cost you? I love it

N4sty T4te

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got one in the DT, it's not a homewrecker but the colors on it are unreal and it looks kind of similar. Can't wait too see this guy as a colony. Then I've got a second mini colony that came in that's pretty dang HOT. It's currently in QT. Both of these have electric color under Blues. No photoshop needed, Prob my current faves at the moment.

APC_0241.jpg

Neon pink, but not like a typical pink, this one is a straight neon 90's hot pink with blue undertones. Then the base goes a teal green for new growth.

APC_0237.jpg

This one is a tennis ball neon green and the tips are actually a deep purplish blue. It's actually brighter in person than I can get in a picture. We'll see how well the color holds up in captivity.

MiguelCS71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This plesiastrea has really started to catch my eye, taking off after being one polyp for about 2 months. Has added all this in about the last 2 months.

Wow![emoji7] This is phenomenal! How have you been able to grow so much in just 2 months? What's your system like and what do you feed? Dose? Fantastic....my coral take forever to grow

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow![emoji7] This is phenomenal! How have you been able to grow so much in just 2 months? What's your system like and what do you feed? Dose? Fantastic....my coral take forever to grow

Here is a recent shot, taken 7 months after the one above. Sorry about the glare, not a great shot. This coral seems to just grow quickly, some do. Nothing crazy about my parameters, normal reef stuff. Dose B-Ionic 2 part, and a little amino for my Acros once in a while. I do feed my LPS, and this plesiastrea is a pig, loves Mysis. I've had it now for about a year and a half (from the one polyp).

plesiastrea5 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what this is,tips are blue as it grows

148719204427824535293.jpg
Looks
Like a loripus colony. I had 2 frags and my lfs is holding 1 more till my 75 is done. It’s a low light coral. Both mine turned as soon as I moved em from like 40% intensity to 55-60 crazy and the 2nd was a vacation. So it’s a Coral that need a colony. Or perfect water always.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d9e41f894438749153aa14bce69e2823.jpg

The colors on this goniastrea are really starting to brighten up. It’s quickly becoming a favorite, pretty soon I’m going to need it to start encrusting on a rock.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back