What's your TDS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter afboundguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
1,315
Reaction score
822
Location
MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my recent RODI upgrade a few days ago where I added a 20 micron washable filter and added an extra sediment filter so I have a 5 and 1 micron prefilter with a 1 and 5 micron carbon block my freshwater mixing container finally got low enough to start making RODI water again so I went to check the TDS readings.

It's about 350 going into prefilters then down to 180'ish going into the double RO membranes and then 0 after the double membranes and 0's before and after all the triple resin stages!

It used to be around 5 TDS after the RO membranes so looks like the upgrade and adding the two extra prefilters makes a difference! So what's your TDS before and after all your stages?
 
PXL_20260401_215928335.jpg
PXL_20260401_215909055.jpg
PXL_20260401_215912274.jpg
PXL_20260401_215914701.jpg
 
Impressive filtration.

I don’t use RODI for my reef. Middle Trinity Aquifer well at 900’ has a 950 TDS. This aquifer was an ancient inland sea full of diatoms and saturated with silicates. My garden likes the minerals and so does my mixed garden Caribbean lagoon with emphases on filter feeding sponges.
 
Air Water Ice Hurricane system on well water.
20260404_162530.jpg
 
Impressive filtration.
Thanks. I was on the fence about adding in the two extra prefilters but I had the canisters and figured it couldn't hurt! I did get some more connector elbows to fix the weird gap on the triple resin canisters as the spacing drives me nuts!
1,000 gpd RO with 2x DI filters, 0 ppm.
What is it before it gets into the prefilters?
 
Impressive filtration.
Thanks. I was on the fence about adding in the two extra prefilters but I had the canisters and figured it couldn't hurt! I did get some more connector elbows to fix the weird gap on the triple resin canisters as the spacing drives me nuts!
1,000 gpd RO with 2x DI filters, 0 ppm.
What is it before it gets into the prefilters?
Ill test and find out. My RO knocks it to 3.
 
Southern California municipal water.
Source water usually ranges from 320 to 390 TDS.
BRS 6 Stage RODI w/booster pump running 75-78 PSI to RO.
Post RO normally 5 TDS, occasionally 6 TDS.
Post DI always 0 TDS.
 
Nice!
Southern California municipal water.
Source water usually ranges from 320 to 390 TDS.
BRS 6 Stage RODI w/booster pump running 75-78 PSI to RO.
Post RO normally 5 TDS, occasionally 6 TDS.
Post DI always 0 TDS.
Glad I'm not alone with 300+ TDS before the RODI setup!
 
I have 350ppm going into my 20 micron pre- then runs to a 3 stage 10/5/5 sediment and comes down to 180ppm( if i remember right) from there it T and runs to two 3 stage carbon filters running parallel with 5/5/1 (forget which carbons) and ts back to a booster pump set at 90psi to a single unknown (used) 75gpd RO membrane that gets me down to 14ppm. then runs into a 3 stage DI where it comes out zero but eats cation DI resin. Like a whole chamber of it in 150G of RO water.

I stopped running DI because I cant afford it. So I am happy with 14ppm. i tried running a CO2 degas chamber in the past and it didnt help. may have done something wrong and can try again eventually. but i am fie with 14ppm. I ran the tanks on the 350PPM straight well water for years with great results.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new