What’s your next project?

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I screwed up with my plumbing during setup. My next project is definitely redoing plumbing with PVC, adding more unions and valves. I also am really interested in a controller cabinet for cord control and easier access.

I’m curious to see what others have planned.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as we close on our house I have to get the new tank setup, plumbed, and transfer everything over from the tank in the old house to the new house. It's going to be a big project.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a WiFi power strip so I have to set that up. I also just got a icecap 1k and have to figure it out
LMK if you have questions about the icecap. I have two 3ks and can hopefully help :)

Gonebad395

Anemone hound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LMK if you have questions about the icecap. I have two 3ks and can hopefully help :)

Hey crabs thanks so much for that I’m going to hit you up for that in a bit. As of now I’m running pulse 50% to 10% over 5 seconds and everything looks happy. But I was thinking of trying to set up a manual schedule where t night it goes a lot lower. If you don’t mind I’ll pm you in a little bit

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get rid of my failing chaeto and install a manifold to supply water to a UV sterilizer, a carbon reactor, and a biopellet reactor.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on a new sump. It is going to have a better refugium area and needed better baffles and maybe even a sock holder. It is a two fold project though.

My current sump is after my island tank plumbed into the side via bulkhead. Once the new sump is done, I dismantle the old sump, disconnect it from the island tank, drill a hole or two in the floor behind the island, feed the drain line down the hole as well as the current drain line from my DT(which currently goes to the island). This will effectively remove the island from the reef system.

More than likely I'll have to dismantle some wood to switch sumps, sump is hidden bottom right, accessed from the side, but don't think it will come out without removing front panels.
Summer2013 033.jpg

Then rebuild the new sump and feed lines and hook the reef back up and watch my params for a few days.

The island tank will have a separate sump in the basement, probably be a 7 gallon bucket for a while. This tank will slowly become a brackish system, settling between 15 and 20 ppt.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acquiring and setting up an Neptune Systems Apex. It took me years to finally pull the trigger on my new LEDs and I've been talking about an Apex just about as long. Gotta make it happen!
You'll love it I know I did when I got mine :)

Firemanreefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finishing my custom screen top for my new build. It has to be stained, sealed and the screen attached. Should've done that yesterday and today but reefapoluza was calling my name.:)

U

User1

View Badges
Clean up the mess I made this weekend. What started as a little plumbing cleanup took a turn for the worse and before you know it I decided to remove everything, move some to the garage, some to the dump and start over. After going outside and kicking a couple of bushes I came back in, built a list of what I needed to work on and in what order so I don't feel over whelmed, and now gluing the last bit of plumbing together that started the chain of events.

I think it is interesting what you noted there about the project @Crabs McJones - that is really how these are similar in complexity be it a new tank, and upgrade, or renovating a kitchen!

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a 6 foot 125 tank im cleaning up now. Had african cichlids in it, and converting it to a reef tank. Gotta drill the back, and everything. Should be fun, but this scraping business is for the birds.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting together a mobile water change/reef vacuum station. Basically, taking my 20g Brute and adding some plumbing, hoses, an external pump and a few other things to simplify everything related to water changes. No more bucket-hauling...

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always gots to have a new project. Reef tank thing gets boring otherwise. My next endeavor is to install a heat exchanger to heat/cool the tank and replace my chiller and stick heaters. Woo hoo …...

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back