When did you start trusting Reef-Pi

Hugo_Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand there is never a "I trust this device with my life.." but at what point in your learning did you say, This is a tool I can finally use on my tank/s. how much testing and trouble shooting did you do? Did you use a "Test Tank" if so I would be interested on seeing pictures and seeing how you did it. I would also be interested if you have old or even new/current notes on "Testing Procedures" Currently still learning the system and have not gotten into the "testing" phase. I'm still waiting for my ATO senor to be shipped :( and I also had to by a traveling router... but I did get a LED to blink so I got that going for me, which is nice :)

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought a Neptune. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
funny I use my Neptune as a backup to my reefpi

That being said ... I use it to back up my other stuff... I use Robo tanks stuff
monitors temp and pH I also use it to control non critical things like the ability to turn off my skimmer, ATO, flow pumps and return for when I do maintenance with a simple macro using Rob's power AC power-bar.

I also use the sensors as a backup.. ie I have a temp controller plugged into the power bar.. so the ref-pi backs up the temp controller which backs up the heater.

The ATO is plugged into it as well and the water level sensor backs up my ato sensor.

I really like where Hydo's are heading but I wish they when come out with there API.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back