When do you calibrate your pH probe? Simple! | Reef FAQs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Wednesday!

Enjoy your summer but don't lose sight of some pretty easy tank maintenance. :) Today we discuss when to calibrate your pH probe, which actually isn't the same in every situation!

ReefAddiction34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I cleaned my pH probe for “routine maintenance”.... I was on the phone with Neptune for 2+ hours trying to figure out why it wouldn’t calibrate correctly.

BonelessEvil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a BRS pH probe to replace my Neptune systems version, as its reliability was spotty (Perhaps it was a bad cable). Now, I accidentally put the new probe into the water, before calibrating it with the 7 and 10 solutions. This was a mistake, it would seem.

After trying to calibrate it, I'm still getting numbers that are not right (making me think my Neptune systems probe was fine). Red Sea test shows 8.0 pH, while this thing says 7.8 7.7. what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: mind you, this passed the 7 and 10 calibration

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a BRS pH probe to replace my Neptune systems version, as its reliability was spotty (Perhaps it was a bad cable). Now, I accidentally put the new probe into the water, before calibrating it with the 7 and 10 solutions. This was a mistake, it would seem.

After trying to calibrate it, I'm still getting numbers that are not right (making me think my Neptune systems probe was fine). Red Sea test shows 8.0 pH, while this thing says 7.8 7.7. what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: mind you, this passed the 7 and 10 calibration
I'd trust the probe before a test kit. Test kits are notoriously wrong as the ph in the solution can change fast.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back