when does a coral become a colony?

I dont see it that way.
I have 2 friends that are one egg twins. I respect them as individuals.
Of coarse the coral individuals (polyps) are more social, sharing nutrition and so but to me they are just like twins just many more. And when we break of a frag and place it in another tank it has its own life.
 
But one egg twins have no modular structure and typically do not grow by budding and/or division although once they did. :)
 
We have a little modular structure too. Just look at Your hair. But thats individual. If we share hair with another person it is dead and called toupé.
 
I'm going colony with this not so little guys, 7 - 8 inches today, it just had a fight, I moved the lobo top right! ;)

DSC_0178 (1024x747).jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new