When is the best time & how often do you feed soft coral and do you turn off your wavemaker?

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3.5 month old Reefer 250 and have been spot feeding Reef-Roids to my soft coral. Is there a best time of the day to feed them?

How often do you feed your coral?

Also I have been turning my Nero 5 completely off for 10 minutes when I spot feed, is that what most people do with their wavemakers?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broadcast feed Red Sea Reef Energy A and B twice a week (skimmer off for an hour) and Reef Roids once an week, about an hour before lights out.

But... Feeding LRS Reef Frenzy everyday.

Flow stays on all the time.

If it needs to be spot fed like Scoly's, then I pass on those kind of corals.

Firemanreefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I target feed early morning when everything has their feeder tenticals out once or twice a week with reef roids and chili. I use redsea a+B every morning with poly booster as the oils break the skimmer head for a while so it doesn't go crazy and overflow. I turn everything off when I target feed. I use that time to attack aiptasia if I see it and scrub a rock or 2 if needed. The fish are sleeping so it doesn't disturb them. The only one it bothers is the shrimp who makes his rounds at night.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3.5 month old Reefer 250 and have been spot feeding Reef-Roids to my soft coral. Is there a best time of the day to feed them?

How often do you feed your coral?

Also I have been turning my Nero 5 completely off for 10 minutes when I spot feed, is that what most people do with their wavemakers?
Broadcast feed, liquid and dry foods. Reef roids, mysis, locust, all flour fine. Leave 3K's on

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back