When is this Kenya Tree Going to Split?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tbaum101
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tbaum101

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2024
Messages
210
Reaction score
235
Location
Lake City
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing looked like it was going to divide down the middle at first. Now that I am keeping my parameters stable it's just getting bigger and bigger. The branches look like they're gonna touch the sand soon. I've heard that branches will eject and it spreads that way. What's going to happen. This was one of my 1st corals I bought 6 months ago and it's made it through all of my mistakes.

20240613_223341.jpg
 
Looks very healthy. They don't split, but they will drop small branches to reproduce. As to when, who knows. If you want to frag it, we'll that's easy enough, just snip off a branch with a pair of scissors. I will warn you though: they have the potential to become a nuisance.
 
When they're getting ready to drop small branches, you'll start to notice portions of the tips of the longest branches beginning to 'pinch' off. It'll be obvious to you when it starts, but it seems to be completely random when it happens. I've had small kenyas start dropping branches pretty quickly, and some giant pieces that took much longer to start dropping. Once it starts, you'll get sprouts popping up all over the place and eventually probably regret even getting the coral in the first place lol
 

Attachments

  • kenya-tree-ballooning-v0-090pmu3mzpw91.jpg
    kenya-tree-ballooning-v0-090pmu3mzpw91.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 270

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new