When kids and fish tanks collide

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change it out with tap water for now and do another 100% with rodi as soon as you can. The tap water for a day wouldn’t hurt. Especially if you do another change fast.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That kid would not be allowed in my house anymore. If they are capable of doing something like that, his/her parents know this and should not have let them be in your house unattended. Either too young to be alone in someone else's home or too irresponsible.

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change it out with tap water for now and do another 100% with rodi as soon as you can. The tap water for a day wouldn’t hurt. Especially if you do another change fast.
thats personally, what i would probably do if i dont have enough to change the water. luckily, you have 5 gallons ready to go, so that is an easy spot to strore what you have while you fix the mess. in the meantime, using tap water with prime, you will be ok in the meantime. i used tap water for months up to the point i got my rodi system. enough water changes over time, or more frequent changes per week, when you have rodi available, should help with getting rid of the tap water.
other than that, if you have a LFS, they might sell rodi water, so if thats the case, you could get buckets of water from them to do the change, which would be more ideal

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this sucks! I feel a bit awkward as I’m not so concerned about the tank, but more so about the kid. In this whole disaster could they have ingested, or had anything get into thier eyes? I don’t know how old they were but it sounds like very young. I know kids will be kids, but I’d freak out if my neighbors kid drank vibrant, ingested any chemicals, or chemicals burned thier eyes! Not to take away from your tank disaster or anything
I guess there's a reason I don't want kids forget the kid Id charge there parents... Hope tank pulled through

Back