When to add clean up crew?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slammed01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'd order something a little smaller. Reefcleaners always seems to ship tons of those dwarf ceriths anyway.
 
I believe in adding CUC slowly as I want to have the appropriate amount to handle the "cleaning up" that my system requires. You can always add more if you have a need, I try not to add anything that my system cannot support. I know there are lots of different methods, I prefer to add my initial fish first and then slowly add CUC. As for the rock assuming you have no livestock in your system I would personally add all the rock that I planned on having and waiting for parameters to get to where I can add my first fish or two. Good luck!
 
New test looking good! No water change in 2 weeks due to having our daughter.
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1420347240688.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420347240688.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 160
A clean up crew needs something to eat. The herbivores need algae and the detritovores need some food. I would think that you would want to hold off until you have some algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new