When to add more SPS after tester pieces?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sanzz18
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sanzz18

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Messages
532
Reaction score
179
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I added a green stylophora and red monti cap to my tank as some “tester pieces”. How long should I wait to start adding a lot more SPS to my tank and what should I be looking for as good indicators.
 
So I added a green stylophora and red monti cap to my tank as some “tester pieces”. How long should I wait to start adding a lot more SPS to my tank and what should I be looking for as good indicators.
I would make sure the new corals have some growth and you have coralline algae growing. It’s hard to wait, but I would.
 
Take a picture of them once per week. Look for growth.
 
stylophora is in my experience a pretty fast grower, and growth is always a great indicator. However when I first started I just made sure it had good polyp extension after a couple weeks and looked happy then I added some more... and then more and more haha
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new