When to just...start over

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tank made for me from a “custom tank maker” And it turned out to be a mess. All along the way for this project I have been hitting roadblocks and just having bad luck in general. When is the time to just start over? Get rid of whatever stuff you have for that project and just start over?

or do I just get a new tank and start over?

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tank made for me from a “custom tank maker” And it turned out to be a mess. All along the way for this project I have been hitting roadblocks and just having bad luck in general. When is the time to just start over? Get rid of whatever stuff you have for that project and just start over?
Well, minimally, you need a tank. How bad could the tank be?

OP
OP
BullyBee

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how they drilled my overflow...I had to plug it and just redrill it. Needless to say I got the tank for a very cheap price.

B65493DF-4080-478E-9C90-976D11F6E3A7.jpeg

Sick_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol what? They put the overflow outside the tank?! if the overflow is a problem, just use a canister filter or a hang on back filter instead of having a sump

OP
OP
BullyBee

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol what? They put the overflow outside the tank?! if the overflow is a problem, just use a canister filter or a hang on back filter instead of having a sump

don’t wanna do canister because I’m doing brackish this time and don’t want my tank cluttered with equipment. Plus I’m doing ATO.

I already have a sump, ecotech vectra and battery back up. All the plumbing and an ATO

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plug the hole and use an HOB overflow. This thread my help you understand how an HOB overflow works...

OP
OP
BullyBee

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plug the hole and use an HOB overflow. This thread my help you understand how an HOB overflow works...

I already redrilled myself.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.2%
Back