When to Turn Lights On for New Corals

Tamale

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2021
Messages
215
Reaction score
231
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Just got my first couple corals. When do you experienced keepers recommend turning on the lights? I was thinking after 24/48 hours or so on acclimation mode. But would love advice!
Corals have been in about 3hrs now and are sitting on the bottom of the tank

LPS:
Micro Lord (seem fine)
Duncan (starting to open now)

Soft/Leather:
Toadstool (polyps are extending)
2xZoas (starting to open a bit but still shy)
 
Hey all! Just got my first couple corals. When do you experienced keepers recommend turning on the lights? I was thinking after 24/48 hours or so on acclimation mode. But would love advice!
Corals have been in about 3hrs now and are sitting on the bottom of the tank

LPS:
Micro Lord (seem fine)
Duncan (starting to open now)

Soft/Leather:
Toadstool (polyps are extending)
2xZoas (starting to open a bit but still shy)
I never turn mine off...maybe that's wrong, but they're all doing great and growing like crazy
 
Upvote 0
I never turn mine off...maybe that's wrong, but they're all doing great and growing like crazy
Okay cool! Literature is super vague on the subject so thought I’d reach out! Thank you!
I would turn them on now, just place all your corals at the bottom of the tank, then slowly raise them to where you want them within the next couple of days
Sounds good to me! Thank you very much for the advice
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new