When will my Bangaii release his fry?

1979fishgeek

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2016
Messages
917
Reaction score
920
Location
Hampshire UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been 26 days since the eggs were laid and can see tails hanging out my male Bangaii mouth, when do they usually release them?

I have him in the refug section of the sump, once he releases them will he continue to guard them or should I remove him?
 
That's awesome my friend.
Can you post a pic of that?
I have no clue as I never had a Bangaii.
We can shed some eyes on this of course.












#reefsquad
 
Thank you!

I am very pleased he has got this far with them, it's his first time brooding so fingers crossed he releases them safely. The lights are out for the night now but will take some photos tomorrow morning.

Plenty of food in the sump, have a pod culture and brine shrimp hatchery going in preparation for the babies.
 
Most definitely share some pictures...I'd love to see that. No Bangaii experience myself (never had any), just interested at this point.
 
He released one! Still has his mouth firmly closed and bulging guessing this little guy was a escape. It's hunting pods and swimming about.

Feeling like a proud mummy again. ☺️
 
Possibly, but the display is 6x2x2 and full of rock and coral, I would never be able to save the fry if he released in the display tank.
 
Try making a fake urchin and see if that makes him feel comfortable enough to spit them out.
 
That's the plan for today, make a fake urchin for then. So cute and appear to be eating.

IMG_9058.JPG
 
He will spit them out when he gets hungry. When they get scared, they may all go back in a few times. He knows what he is doing and has been doing it his entire life if he was an adult in the sea.
 
I got him few months back from someone leaving the hobby, dont know his history before then so you could be right.

Just made a fake urchin with reef putty and cable ties he is eyeing it with interest.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new