When will new tank no longer be cloudy?

DragonStone

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2024
Messages
86
Reaction score
23
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I set up a new 60G salt tank about 1 month ago.

I added a lot of bacteria. Levels look good.

I am in the "ugly phase" now - used RODI water but have brown diatoms on the sand.

More bothersome though is that the water is slightly opaque? I don't know how else to explain it. The water is "clear" but it's not "crystal clear" - is this early bacterial bloom? How long does this last? Can I do anything to help it along? I really prefer the look of the super clear water, this looks somewhat hazy almost like the glass needs to be cleaned (it doesn't).
 
A pic can help troubleshoot. Bacterial bloom (because of over dosing bacteria) may need time to subside or a UV sterilizer.
 
Photos would definitely help determine what it is.
 
Please post a pic or two using white light brightness, n
Hey all!

I set up a new 60G salt tank about 1 month ago.

I added a lot of bacteria. Levels look good.

I am in the "ugly phase" now - used RODI water but have brown diatoms on the sand.

More bothersome though is that the water is slightly opaque? I don't know how else to explain it. The water is "clear" but it's not "crystal clear" - is this early bacterial bloom? How long does this last? Can I do anything to help it along? I really prefer the look of the super clear water, this looks somewhat hazy almost like the glass needs to be cleaned (it doesn't).
o blue to see what you are describing.
What filters are you using?
Is tank at or near a window?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new