When your wife's a teacher

Woodyth

PITTER PATTER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all,
I bought some Zoas from the Zoanthanids.com sale this weekend. My wife, bless her organization, made me a map for my frag rack Though you guys would like it! They've been in the tank since Tuesday afternoon. I moved the rack to the bottom and turned the light on to accimilation mode. I see a couple have opened up and look great. Others though have not and kinda worried . How long do I give them? Did I do something wrong? I included a pic.
Thanks,
woody
IMG_20200702_063620.jpg
IMG_20200701_070350.jpg
IMG_20200630_222227.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually leave corals at the bottom for about a week to acclimatise them to my lights, (or until I get bored or waiting!), and also while I decide were their going to live

I don’t turn my lights down, I just leave them at the bottom of the tank

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have they been in the tank? I don’t acclimate zoas to my lighting at all. I just place them where I think they’ll be happy and they acclimate by themselves. If I want to put the zoa in higher lighting, I slowly work them up to the spot over a week or so. I wouldn’t change my lighting at all. The acclimation mode is more for this scenario; you used to have say kessils on your tank and you’re swapping them out for a different unit like Ai or ecotech. You would set the new lights on acclimation mode. This is only for a tank that already had corals of course.

Tannermule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I love your wives idea of organization. It is always the best when the SO gets involved.
I have had zoanthids open up instantly when I place them in the tank under lights without acclimation. I have also had them stay closed for a week after getting them. IMO the larger the colony the sooner they open. Single polyps tend to take longer to open.
Love the zoanthids though and good luck.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back