When your wife's a teacher

Woodyth

PITTER PATTER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all,
I bought some Zoas from the Zoanthanids.com sale this weekend. My wife, bless her organization, made me a map for my frag rack Though you guys would like it! They've been in the tank since Tuesday afternoon. I moved the rack to the bottom and turned the light on to accimilation mode. I see a couple have opened up and look great. Others though have not and kinda worried . How long do I give them? Did I do something wrong? I included a pic.
Thanks,
woody
IMG_20200702_063620.jpg
IMG_20200701_070350.jpg
IMG_20200630_222227.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually leave corals at the bottom for about a week to acclimatise them to my lights, (or until I get bored or waiting!), and also while I decide were their going to live

I don’t turn my lights down, I just leave them at the bottom of the tank

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have they been in the tank? I don’t acclimate zoas to my lighting at all. I just place them where I think they’ll be happy and they acclimate by themselves. If I want to put the zoa in higher lighting, I slowly work them up to the spot over a week or so. I wouldn’t change my lighting at all. The acclimation mode is more for this scenario; you used to have say kessils on your tank and you’re swapping them out for a different unit like Ai or ecotech. You would set the new lights on acclimation mode. This is only for a tank that already had corals of course.

Tannermule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I love your wives idea of organization. It is always the best when the SO gets involved.
I have had zoanthids open up instantly when I place them in the tank under lights without acclimation. I have also had them stay closed for a week after getting them. IMO the larger the colony the sooner they open. Single polyps tend to take longer to open.
Love the zoanthids though and good luck.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back