Where and What Nori Sheets are you using.

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping someone has a bulk nori source. Amazon and eBay has a lot of options. Which one are you using? Where did you purchase from? I've got lots of nori eating fish (Achilles, Powder Blue, Blonde Naso, Yellow Tang, Moorish Idol, Copper Band yes he eats nori, Flame angel, Leopard Wrasse, Cleaner wrasse.) and my 750 sheets supply has come to an end.

OP
OP
gonzo620

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Ocean Nutrition and usually purchase in LFS or on Amazon. Some supermarkets sell it as well.
@redfishbluefish where do you buy your nori?
Definitely looking for something not marketed to Aquarium Hobbiest. No Ocean Nutrition, No Two Little Fishies, No Rod's Food.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got same question.
Im in uk and went to a large chinese store and worker i asked had puzzled look on his face as i asked for nori then said was for fishtank and his face changed again.he then took me to aisle with dried seaweed.
Some roasted,some had chilli flavouring in so in the end got 0 and had to order oceans nutrition green algae sheets ( came with little suction clip so bonus) but i would like to find somewhere that sells just dried seaweed 100% as be 5 times cheaper as not got aquarium or picture of a fish on label lol

OP
OP
gonzo620

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grocery stores sell dulse which is seaweed .
not sure if it has any additives

@gonzo620 I figured. You’ve got a lot to feed! Redfish buys at a supermarket in bulk I believe, but wanted to confirm and see which one.
Unfortunately my grocery stores do not offer anything I can use for my fishes.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Ocean Nutrition and usually purchase in LFS or on Amazon. Some supermarkets sell it as well.
@redfishbluefish where do you buy your nori?

I was originally buying from my local Asian market, but they weren't the best and eventually closed. I then discovered H-Mart, an Asian market that I love. I think they might be a chain, so check them out. Their Nori choices are unbelievable....an entire isle on both sides. I actually tried kelp (big package), because it looked interesting.....don't bother, the fish don't touch it.

Anyway, I buy packages with the most (at the right thickness) that have maybe 30-40 sheets. What you want is plain nori without any added salt or spices. Don't worry about it being roasted.....all nori is "roasted" to dry it out.

My other tip is look closely at the nori itself. I don't like the real thin stuff....it disintegrates into little bits before the fish can eat it.

Nori.jpg

I thought I was going to be able to take a picture and show the differences in light passing through.....but that didn't work. The purple nori feels like tissue paper while the brown stuff has more of a thin cardboard feel. You want the cardboard. You should also be able to tell in the overall thickness of the packages with the number count of sheets. Packages are only a couple bucks, so buy a couple different ones to give your fish variety. I keep one small sandwich baggie in the fish room while the rest is kept in the freezer.

If you're interested, HERE's how I cut the nori for storage and feeding.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocean Nutrient red with garlic here, air dried as from what I read there is a break down in nutritional value if heat dried, fish love it.
From my lfs and I have five tangs and a fox face. :)

DSC_0012 (1024x693).jpg

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
gonzo620

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get mine at the local grocery. 10 sheets for $3.69.
Look at Walmart.com and there is some on eBay that looked interesting.
Nice! Amazon as well. Found one product with customer questions asking about using it in saltwater tank. Walmart.com is an option. Quick look didn't provide the bulk purchase I'm looking for. Only a 12 pack of 10sheets, and is comparable to Two Little Fishes in price.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%
Back