Where are all the gigs???

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it was discussed in an earlier thread, but had anyone heard why gigs are so scarce? We are starting to flow out of gig season as I understand it. I know someone mentioned the PEA is supposedly getting gigs in towards the end of Feb, is there any update on if they did, and if so when/if they're going to post them online?

OP
OP
MikeyA

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats MAGS...and when they do -you'll see it mass blasted on their site on here and on u tube.
Gotcha, thank you. They always have healthy mags, I have one of theirs myself. I subscribed to therfore utube channel always curious what they have in stock.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to track gigs, just because they're my favorite anemone, and it feels like less have been imported this year/season. I'm not sure why. It could be collection locations have less and less, or that collectors/exporters are realizing that they just don't survive the supply chain. Not sure what, but there are definitely less being sold than prior years. I've only seen a few available online, and most are tan. I've only seen two purple ones at LFS.

OP
OP
MikeyA

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's basically been my experience as well this season. I'm hoping that as the weather warms maybe they'll have an opportunity to find new collection points.

Isn't mag season soon?

billysprout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
re: gigs, cortez got a bunch in january and corals anon got 2-3 across the whole season. cortez' vanished after a couple weeks, not sure if they sold or got sick.

i had a lead on some sri lankan gigs but i couldn't find anyone in ATL/MIA to trans-ship.

PEA got a bunch last summer, maybe the season is moving?

OP
OP
MikeyA

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if maybe the season moved in line with mag season maybe. I've called/checked around the usual places and the general reply is they havent seen them since early fall and are currently unavailable for ordering through their suppliers.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral reefs around the whole suffered around the world due to above average temperatures.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back