Where are all the True Percula Clownfish?

redtigrinus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2013
Messages
131
Reaction score
23
Location
MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are all the true percula clowns? I can find a find a pair or any for the matter to save my life. Everyone only has ocellaris. I understand why, but its seems that my LFS can't even get true perculas, or so they say.

So where are they?
 
It took me months to find a pair myself. Everywhere that normally has them was sold out or only had occelaris claiming to be percs. I almost just bit the bullet and got the nicest occelaris I could find or some Picassos but ending up finding a very nice mated pair of percs.

image.jpeg
 
Look for some breeders in your area. I figure ORA, ProAquatics and such should be able to have them and send you to their nearest dealer.
 
No breeders near me are working with Perculas. I heard Sea and Reef have some but they aren't WYSISWG. This means I could be getting some perculas that look like ocellaris or worst yet actual ocellaris. Not to mention they dont have pairs right now. I have seen one place online with pairs, but they want like $400 a per which is insane.
 
Will you be going to the Aquatic Experience in Chicago? There is a breeder that comes each year and his clowns are amazing. I got my pair from him and they are to die for. I will try to get a good pic. They are Onyx. I am not sure he ships, but I can ask him. He will send pics I am sure if he does indeed ship. My pair were coveted through the whole show. Julian Sprung even picked one of his out. Of course it was the same one I wanted. Go figure. :)
 
iBluewater.com, true Percula $40.00.
Liveaquaria has them Picasso hydrids.
Bluezoo has them for 25.00.
 
Thanks but I won't be there. If he ships and is willing to send me pics I'd certainly be interested.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new