Where are all the VERSAs??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told that they are catching up on radions and vortechs now and then will focus on versa and vectra. Versas should ship end of July ish. Source is the owner of saltwateraquarium.com

My personal opinion is poor management thru the “pandemic” but operating in CA is no peach so who knows. I gave up after 4 weeks and no local stock and just bought another DOS. Following now just to see how long it takes from the “June will see many Versas” to June didn’t see anything now let’s see July.
Yeah, I just emailed my LFS to cancel my order and buy the kamoer instead. I need my calcium reactor sooner then later.

OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told that they are catching up on radions and vortechs now and then will focus on versa and vectra. Versas should ship end of July ish. Source is the owner of saltwateraquarium.com

My personal opinion is poor management thru the “pandemic” but operating in CA is no peach so who knows. I gave up after 4 weeks and no local stock and just bought another DOS. Following now just to see how long it takes from the “June will see many Versas” to June didn’t see anything now let’s see July.

Yep I waited all June and part of July... I gave up as well, bought 2x more DOS pumps to replace the 4pk I was hoping to get and a Kamoer in place of the stand alone Versa I was planning to buy.

That's 5 pumps to me alone they aren't going to sell. Too bad, I was looking forward to trying them.

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been waiting a while also. The country is open even if it shouldn’t be. But CDC guidelines are in place in business to protect workers. I run a major big box retail store that never closed. We have programs in place with a 100% success rate so far! Mandatory masks for employees , social Distancing work stations, CDC daily cleaning practices. Life goes on........build some pumps!

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You may be able to buy one from this guy LOL

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We're all entitled to our own opinion. ETM HQ/Factory is in PA not CA so there's that. Hard to see why ETM would intentionally not make products that folks appear to want. Lots of companies, particularly ones that rely on overseas components, are still having issues. If Tim says that labor is an issue, I see no reason to not take him at his word. No conspiracy theory necessary LOL.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're all entitled to our own opinion. ETM HQ/Factory is in PA not CA so there's that. Hard to see why ETM would intentionally not make products that folks appear to want. Lots of companies, particularly ones that rely on overseas components, are still having issues. If Tim says that labor is an issue, I see no reason to not take him at his word. No conspiracy theory necessary LOL.

My understanding from the YouTube video showing the manufacture of a Versa seems to demonstrate that they are manufactured right here in the USA from parts also made by Eco Tech. I can't see labor being an issue - there are a great many people here in the US who are unemployed and who would certainly be capable of working on their assembly line. Has anyone seen any help wanted employment ads posted by Eco Tech?

I don't know of any "conspiracy theory" being floated about the product. I'm more inclined to believe that the product has some original design flaw that requires a complete redesign, like a "Version 2".

Can any "insiders" tell us what is really going on here? I have 5 dosers currently in use, and would sure like to upgrade them to a more robust product.

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As a mechanical engineer who has worked in operations as a production leader, Materials as a buyer planner, and is now running service teams for one of the biggest medical device companies in the world - you are greatly simplifying things.

First, while the product is stated to be made in the USA, there may be components that are manufactured in other parts of the world. Parts of the world that do not have the same luxuries as we do, with regards to being able to work. Although, I'm not sure what that has to do with it, as Tim clearly stated it was a labor issue.

Sure, many are unemployed. I wonder what the requirements are to work in an ecotech manufacturing facility, as a production technician ? Are the folks assembling these devices actually easily-replaced technicians? Are they engineers? Is this talent really available locally? What would it cost to recruit, interview, and onboard this talent? What is the cost of, and how long is the required training? What is the cost of unemployment paid out to the employees who would have to be fired? Could you be the person who had to tell someone "Sorry sister - you've spent way too much time homeschooling your kids because brick and mortar hasn't opened back up, or have taken too much time off to take care of grandma - I've got to let you go."? What is the impact to those individuals and their families? What if You were the one being let go? Or your mom? Or your son? How does the influx of newly trained workers impact product quality? How would this change the internal culture, and level of engagement at ecotech? How does this impact productivity, efficiency within? Who are all of these costs shifted to, in order to sustain profit margins?

I value the company who values and drives to retain talent, despite rough circumstances. It is likely that some of these considerations are what makes Ecotech such a great company.

Great job Tim - it sounds like you're putting your people first. I'm lucky to have a job, and even luckier I have the disposable income to continue to enjoy this hobby. You've got my support, and I'll wait patiently for my Versas to show back up in stock. :)

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding from the YouTube video showing the manufacture of a Versa seems to demonstrate that they are manufactured right here in the USA from parts also made by Eco Tech. I can't see labor being an issue - there are a great many people here in the US who are unemployed and who would certainly be capable of working on their assembly line. Has anyone seen any help wanted employment ads posted by Eco Tech?

I wouldn’t think the problem is a lack of folks willing to work; I’d imagine it’s the regulations in PA limiting the number of people allowed to work. I don’t live in PA, so cannot speak to the state COVID rules specifically, but that’d be my guess.

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am reading the pumps are still having issues with a number of things such as back siphoning, inaccurate dosing, and leaks. All of these are major issues that resulted in me not buying them. I had an opening a month or so ago when MD or BRS had them for a quick minute. I was fully decided to buy 2 and then changed my mind when I read fresh reviews.
I hope they get the pumps fixed and sorted out because I do believe ETM is one of the very best companies supporting our hobby. And I want wifi dosers with out the apex. I trust ETM will fix the issues.

OrokuSaki84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tim at EcoTech Just a bump RE Versa pumps. I've called the EcoTech offices twice in the last month and was told both times shipments have been continuing with the Versa pumps by support... Im not seeing them anywhere. Any more detail on the delays and/or when they might be shipping to vendors again?

Much appreciated!

currentking

Rookie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something I would like to know as I need one for my calcium reactor but if they aren’t available in the next 30 days I will need to move in a different direction.

OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something I would like to know as I need one for my calcium reactor but if they aren’t available in the next 30 days I will need to move in a different direction.

Honestly, I'd skip it. I've heard poor reports on the Versa and it's performance in continuous duty applications. I went with a Kamoer FX-STP and that thing is a beast! I couldn't be happier with the pump itself... The app is a bit clunky and could use some improvement, but once it's set you aren't messing with it daily so it's not a huge deal.

Let Ecotech work out the bugs on the Versa and then maybe someday they will be the superior additive dosing pumps, but for continuous use I didn't see how you can beat the Kamoer!

My 2 cents...

Cheers!

Ryan Avery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Classic ecotech, first they sent out versas with leaking connections, which I got, now they need a retaining clip for the tube. They let the people who buy them be the beta testers. That’s not ok for a premium product. Should be perfect out of the box the first time

currentking

Rookie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I'd skip it. I've heard poor reports on the Versa and it's performance in continuous duty applications. I went with a Kamoer FX-STP and that thing is a beast! I couldn't be happier with the pump itself... The app is a bit clunky and could use some improvement, but once it's set you aren't messing with it daily so it's not a huge deal.

Let Ecotech work out the bugs on the Versa and then maybe someday they will be the superior additive dosing pumps, but for continuous use I didn't see how you can beat the Kamoer!

My 2 cents...

Cheers!
Thanks for this. Are they loud?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back