Where are the ATX reefers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rsumner
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I came back to the hobby with a large undertaking on reviving a 135 gallon tank. I’m in the “watching paint dry phase aka cycling” right now.

I tried Facebook but the exchange there is not as good as this forum or in person meetings.
Sharing information and experiences has helped me in this adventure
There is a club - the Austin Reef Club
I missed a recent meeting to be able to introduce myself.
On the web forum are only a few very helpful and friendly active members but it’s all in all a quiet place.
It’s hard to try to keep threads going in multiple forums. I have decided to focus on R2R.
That said I would also join an ATX in person club with meetings.
Perhaps R2R is a way to get more people interested.
 
I’m in south Austin. There is a reef club that meets infrequently. I’ve been to one and would like to hit up another one. I’ll come back with a link to the group
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new