Where can I buy clean Cheato

Johnic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to start up my Pax Bellum 18 soon and want to know where I buy some clean Cheato ?

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algaebarn.com
5759EA04-9B99-4011-AB96-14A91303322C.jpeg

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in my personal opinion, unless you have a spotless tank and quarantine everything perfectly, “clean” chaeto doesn’t really buy you anything. Buying it online from someone like algaebarn is going to be as clean as it comes, and you’ll pay for it.

I personally have a thriving reef that wasn’t quarantined perfectly but I throw away or give away chaeto every few weeks. I’m sure someone locally will happily give you some instead of tossing it out. Or you can pay $50+ for it online.

If you want to pay, algaebarn is a fantastic store, highly recommend them.

OP
OP
J

Johnic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in my personal opinion, unless you have a spotless tank and quarantine everything perfectly, “clean” chaeto doesn’t really buy you anything. Buying it online from someone like algaebarn is going to be as clean as it comes, and you’ll pay for it.

I personally have a thriving reef that wasn’t quarantined perfectly but I throw away or give away chaeto every few weeks. I’m sure someone locally will happily give you some instead of tossing it out. Or you can pay $50+ for it online.

If you want to pay, algaebarn is a fantastic store, highly recommend them.
I can’t seem to find anyone local to grab some from.
‘I’m from San Clemente CA

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t seem to find anyone local to grab some from.
‘I’m from San Clemente CA
Oh geez, that’s unfortunate. I’m on the east coast and not many reefers around me, but California seems online like somewhere that has so many people in the hobby. can’t believe no one is around you.

since Covid chaeto has been difficult to find online it seems, but I’ve always been able to find it locally if I needed it so it’s never been a problem for me. Good luck, hopefully someone local pops up with some for you!

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sell quite a lot here on r2r and on eBay, mostly just because it’s been in such demand and I can’t give it away locally. Shipping is expensive enough and taking the time to do dips on it and package then drive to post office I consider mostly a wash to try and ease demand and gouging.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back