Where can I find Marginalis Butterfly?

josvanmeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been looking around for a Marginalis Butterfly fish; and I cannot seem to find any, are they that rare? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are Austrailian and extremely expensive. Not sure where you could get them. My LFS had some once. $250 per. They got them from an Aussie distributor.

OP
OP
josvanmeer

josvanmeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are Austrailian and extremely expensive. Not sure where you could get them. My LFS had some once. $250 per. They got them from an Aussie distributor.
I am looking for this fish specifically so I am willing to pay up. Just wanting to know where in the world they actually sell this specimen

OP
OP
josvanmeer

josvanmeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Really appreciate it. Now I would have pressed order right away if it wasnt for the fact fedex and ups are reporting delays and I will not risk or order livestock till the holidays are over. I will check back after the holidays when packages slow down, at least I know they can get their hands on one. Im sure this specimen will be gone by then, but I can wait. Thanks for the heads up!

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whelp I guess I am late to the party. :)

My LFS wasn't very helpful. He just said that he wasn't seeing it on his stocking list and he hadn't seen them in a while. He also didn't give me the person that he was using in Austrailia.

All is well that ends well.

OP
OP
josvanmeer

josvanmeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whelp I guess I am late to the party. :)

My LFS wasn't very helpful. He just said that he wasn't seeing it on his stocking list and he hadn't seen them in a while. He also didn't give me the person that he was using in Austrailia.

All is well that ends well.
I actually went by my lfs today, finally. Work has been crazy. They can order that fish! The importer is Quality Marine so if they dont have it at the time I will have to wait of course, but we will see

mottomegl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tsm aquatics has them in stock and they don’t sell them until quaritined for 30 days and eating they also ship them to your home

mottomegl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy my fish there they refuse to sell fish that are not eating and the fish are just high quality

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back