Where do Cristata fit in with Euphyilla?

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've read that hammers and frog spawn can be placed next to each other, but torches cannot. What about Cristata? Can they be by torches or hammers, both, none. I have a dream for my tank... and the Cristata has to be near one of these.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a torch touching hammers and frogspawn without issue, so it might be sometimes okay, but not always. I figured I would throw my 2 cents in but in my experience, I haven't had issues.

I'm hoping a euphyllia expert will chime in.

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've read that hammers and frog spawn can be placed next to each other, but torches cannot. What about Cristata? Can they be by torches or hammers, both, none. I have a dream for my tank... and the Cristata has to be near one of these.
Wondering the same thing.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually hammers, and frogspawn have no issues being next to each other. They say torches on the other hand can sting the others. I have all three and have never had an issue. I would think Cristata would fall under being more like a hammer.

I truly think they can all sting but torches get the bad rap because they have much longer tentacles. Try giving the corals some room, and observe closely.

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to bump this thread because I would like to know the same thing.

I just put a frog and Cristata Torche next to each other... dose it need to be moved. They aren’t touching ATM.

Anyone have experience with this?

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking into Cristatas now myself. The way my tank is setup, they have to be near either my torches or my hammers/frogspawn. Which is safer?

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking into Cristatas now myself. The way my tank is setup, they have to be near either my torches or my hammers/frogspawn. Which is safer?
Hammer and torches will kill it 100%. As for the frog, I am still trying to figure that out lol..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back