Where do you guys get Nori

Seanybaggs123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I would think this would be simple, but after searching for Nori yesterday I found that it wasn't...

Do you just buy it from the grocery store? Should I be looking for specific ingredients? etc...

Nadir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to any Asian Aisles, or any Asian Grocery store, look for Nori in the Sushi to Noodle aisle.
What you want to look for is plain Nori, no preservatives, least amount or no Sodium. They can be roasted or pressed, air dried.
You will find them in packages from 10 to 50.
When I feed Nori, 2 hours before, I keep a misting bottle, bought from a flower shop, I spray the Nori very lightly with RODI water mixed with any branded vitamin, fold and feed the fish.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Seanybaggs123

Seanybaggs123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to any Asian Aisles, or any Asian Grocery store, look for Nori in the Sushi to Noodle aisle.
What you want to look for is plain Nori, no preservatives, least amount or no Sodium. They can be roasted or pressed, air dried.
You will find them in packages from 10 to 50.
When I feed Nori, 2 hours before, I keep a misting bottle, bought from a flower shop, I spray the Nori very lightly with RODI water mixed with any branded vitamin, fold and feed the fish.
Hope this helps.
Tremendous Help!

Probably feed something like a 1/4 sheet or less for a lawnmower blenny?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure you can order it online. I’d go for a Japanese brand. Be sure to get one that doesn’t have salt and flavorings added. Typically, the good stuff comes in large sheets and the processed junk comes in small sheets half the size of an envelope.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS now carries a brand, I shopped and shopped and that’s the best deal I found. Also the protein it contains compared to others is higher...which is good.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I would think this would be simple, but after searching for Nori yesterday I found that it wasn't...

Do you just buy it from the grocery store? Should I be looking for specific ingredients? etc...
I use this:

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The seaweed that is advertised for aquariums are not inherently better than the one for human consumption (in fact food for humans are regulated much more than food for pets) from the grocery stores. Nearly all laver (the seaweed in question) is produced in East Asia... now if you want a really tasty one I'd say you'd have to go to Asia for very freshly made sheets. I can't say I've ever found the ones in packages available in America is as good as the freshly made stuff they have in some markets in Korea. Otherwise, just do what ScottR and Nadir says because there's no point in being up-charged for this type of stuff.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get my sheets at the Local Grocery store. Fry’s/kroger, asian isle. No need to over think it. I peal a peice off 1/4” sheet, fold it over, put it in the clip dry and put it in the tank. Within seconds my tang and fox face are ravaging it.

0B5BF9C9-A566-4687-A78A-5F1E635BB097.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back