Where do you reccomend buying 250W DE bulbs?

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm past due on getting bulbs and suspect it may be part of my hair algae growing. where is the best price on them that you all know of?

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm buying a new Phoenix 250 hqi from marine depot about 50 bucks i think. I compared other bulbs and it seems to produce some of the nicest color. I'm in the same boat as you, mine is really old. Do u have a fuge at all?

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55g set up as a refugium. Chaeto doesn't seem to do very well in it though. I have an old PC fixture over it and run 12+ hrs a day. Chaeto just slowly seems to shrink in it.

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a new pc bulb. I just had one of those spiral compact florescent bulbs on my fuge and my chaeto started dying off and i was getting hair algae, replaced my fuge bulb, chaeto growing again. Hair algae gone. Bulb is a 6700k from Lowes.

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fixture is a 2ft, and I think the bulb has 4 prongs in a square pattern, if I remember right. Last I tried, the places I could find a bulb, it was about as much as a new fixture with new bulb. What size was yours and how much was it?

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is just a clamp lamp from Lowes. It was like 8 bucks. Buy 2 or 3 sell ur fixture the bulbs are just house light bulbs. You just have to make sure they're 6700k.

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can use XM 10K Hellolights is having a 15 year anniversity celebration sale, buy one, get one free. I just bought 12 for $440 w/free shipping.

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Phoenix has better color than the xm, but that's up to u there. Look on Google sometimes u can find pics comparing the different brands. I did that when i was looking because i was thinking about getting an oshio but i saw pics of the oshio 14k vs the Phoenix 14k and the Phoenix looked was nicer. To me that is.

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is just a clamp lamp from Lowes. It was like 8 bucks. Buy 2 or 3 sell ur fixture the bulbs are just house light bulbs. You just have to make sure they're 6700k.

I just bought a couple of the bulbs. I'm thinking I have a clamp on fixture...gonna find out in a few. The two bulbs I bought were $10, so a lot cheaper than PC's.

If you can use XM 10K Hellolights is having a 15 year anniversity celebration sale, buy one, get one free. I just bought 12 for $440 w/free shipping.
I will check on it. I do have some SPS, so I would like to stick with something like a 14k-20K though. I may get a couple of those 14k's and run one in middle and something else on both sides or something.

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They work just as well, chaeto don't need much. Lighten up your electric bill too!
1802740b-c052-e8a4.jpg

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back