Where does everyone buy corals?

Always Be Reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been to my LFS to look at corals recently, some good stuff, but the inventory can't compare to online vendors. World Wide Corals was one I know I'll trust (doesn't hurt that the store is an hour and a half from me).

Where does everyone else trust to buy their corals from

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AN LFS. But they also ship nationwide.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been to my LFS to look at corals recently, some good stuff, but the inventory can't compare to online vendors. World Wide Corals was one I know I'll trust (doesn't hurt that the store is an hour and a half from me).

Where does everyone else trust to buy their corals from
If you’re an hour and a half from WWC then that means that there are DOZENS of LFS in your area.
Florida is riddled with reef stores. There were literally so many of them
I couldn’t keep count last time I was there a couple years ago.
Make a day of it and drive around from store to store to store.

Knight420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live up in the mountains in NC. I have one LFS that has coral, and it's a 3 hour drive away. Most of my coral come from eBay. You are lucky to live that close to WWC. I'd die to see that store.

OP
OP
A

Always Be Reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re an hour and a half from WWC then that means that there are DOZENS of LFS in your area.
Florida is riddled with reef stores. There were literally so many of them
I couldn’t keep count last time I was there a couple years ago.
Make a day of it and drive around from store to store to store.
I work monday through saturday 7 - 5:30. Sunday is my one day off. While I get the idea, I usually stay home and rest on Sundays. With the occasional trip out if i make plans. I figured it would work best to find a trustworthy online vendor

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have access to several LFSs, coral distributors, and local reefers — all less than 30min away! One problem: I need a bigger tank! Ahem - sorry! ;)

I’ve never bought anything online actually so can’t comment.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my local lfs, great selection and if they don’t have what I am looking for they will try to get it. If not Tidal Gardens or Corals.com and I’ve never been disappointed.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reefer Matt @aggrofish dumb question, but how would I find and get in touch with local reefers to purchase frags? Is there a spot on the site here to find Tampa reefers who are selling?
Not dumb at all. There should be some user groups on here, and also physical clubs in your area. Also, there could be social media groups. Frag swaps are an awesome place to meet other Reefers and vendors too. Here is a link to the Florida user groups here. Happy Reefing!

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I buy from both my LFS, they're coral stock is limited, but they get some cool stuff in from time to time. Online I order from Tidal Gardens, AquaSD, and Battle Corals. I have bought Macros from Algae Barn and eBay and freshwater stuff from eBay with good results as well.

DPScoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where I buy is Nemo aquarium they some of the cheapest coral and fish specific fish the fish there are something out of this world. I sea a gem tang about 350$ one of cheapest and nicest one too the only problem there still a stunner and big one but definitely one best stores I have been though.

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mostly online for me since the LFSs here don't have best selection and prices aren't so great. The reefing community is also almost non-existent too.

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few LFS that I use, mainly for fish and inverts. If they have a coral piece I'm interested in, I'll pick it up. I mainly get my corals from local reefers and club meets.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work monday through saturday 7 - 5:30. Sunday is my one day off. While I get the idea, I usually stay home and rest on Sundays. With the occasional trip out if i make plans. I figured it would work best to find a trustworthy online vendor
If you can’t drive around then your best bet would be Facebook groups for cheap stuff.
Most online places are super overpriced and you get such tiny frags anymore, it’s not worth it. Especially when you consider how often people are unhappy with online sales due to differences in photos vs in person or a while other range of things.

I can only think of a very small handful of online vendors that I would personally trust and be happy with what I get. Like less than one full hand worth

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depending on your situation this could be problematic. . . I am not sure you can get deliveries on Sundays and having corals sit in a mailbox or on a porch is not a great idea.

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@GoldenStateCorals Golden state corals in Los Angeles, in Reseda.

They are great and have always came through with whatever issues I've had.... the Owner is really nice there... the SPS and LPS collection they have there are amazing!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back