Where donu get youre clean up crews!??

meromeroreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im trying to get my cc and was wondering where all u guys get youre best deals at. Seem s like prices have gone up on these items also

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with reefcleaners was terrible. And the "free shipping" is usps. If you use his free shipping option, he'll blame you for not upgrading shipping when your order arrives on time and mostly dead. Or ask you to RETURN a crab for a refund.

I had better luck with LiveAquaria, even though there was always a DOA or two. SaltwaterAquarium.com is another option. Or KP Aquatics. Or your LFS.

kev.2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did LiveAquaria when ordering some fish from ORA, since they get I caused in the same shipping price (even though they shipped from Cali vs the fish from FL) and has no issues. Cerith snails is what I ordered, all came healthy and still alive.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefcleaners my experience was incredible. Shipping delayed by a week package lost. Replaced everything I had to pay the a $15 upcharge for overnight. Incredible service.

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I did reefcleaners twice and had great experiences both times. Both times I chose the UPS next day options and had my orders by 10 am the next morning with zero DOAs.

My first order was my initial CUC of snails and hermits , then a month or so later my cleaner shrimp and some other novelty inverts. All in all I only lost one trochus snail, one scarlet hermit, and my pitho crab w/in the first month, and everyone else is still going strong.

Edit: just a note that I was stocking my CUC at a time when things weren’t great pandemic-wise in my city (to put it lightly), and ordering online felt like the safest option, but was also cheaper given that I would’ve taken a car vs the subway, which would cost much more round trip than the cost of overnight shipping. Also John’s prices were better than my LFS, so it worked for me at the time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

meromeroreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with reefcleaners was terrible. And the "free shipping" is usps. If you use his free shipping option, he'll blame you for not upgrading shipping when your order arrives on time and mostly dead. Or ask you to RETURN a crab for a refund.

I had better luck with LiveAquaria, even though there was always a DOA or two. SaltwaterAquarium.com is another option. Or KP Aquatics. Or your LFS.
I love live aquaria and get almost all my fish from there but theyre prices on crabs n snails are crazy.

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love live aquaria and get almost all my fish from there but theyre prices on crabs n snails are crazy.
I think most invert prices are crazy. Do you have a LFS nearby? They're significantly less expensive and have a 99.6% chance of surviving the car ride home. :D

OP
OP
M

meromeroreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most invert prices are crazy. Do you have a LFS nearby? They're significantly less expensive and have a 99.6% chance of surviving the car ride home. :D
I have bought at the lfs theyre prices r 2.$ just for about everything cant beat the prices online thow

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add my experience with reef cleaners. I've only ordered from him once and I did the free shipping which is usps 2 day I believe. Many of the snails that I ordered died in shipping. We had a unusually cold morning on the day of delivery. As cold as the water was I'm honestly surprised as much of the order survived as did. I emailed John and he told me they may not be dead and to give them some time. I gave the snails several days of being in the tank and they were not alive so I emailed John back and he refunded me the amount for what didn't survive the trip.
So ultimately I had a bad experience but it was made right. I would/will order from him again.

OP
OP
M

meromeroreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im leaning towards this reef cleaners a cpl bad experiance s but plenty good ones. I would deff pay for next day delivery thow. I am always gonna expect some doa s thats just how it is with these critters.

BadSquishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been ordering from reef cleaners for years and I’ve always had good experiences. You definitely need to choose UPS overnight shipping though!! I’m not sure if usps is terrible everywhere or maybe just extra terrible in Florida and Massachusetts but the few times I’ve chosen usps the box came crushed like they dropped a piano on it and then threw it in the general direction of my house. Livestock was somehow still alive though!

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had a similar experience with reefcleaners. Nice interaction with the owner, but package arrived with one missing Nass vibex, one presumed dead blue leg (shell found but body never recovered), 2/3 trochus died shortly after arrival, all of the "fancy" ceriths DOA. But, way more dwarf ceriths than ordered, so that's something! "2-day" USPS definitely not worth it. Didn't bother trying to make a claim.

Edit: I think it is my fault for not going overnight UPS. USPS had my box IN MY CITY in the AM and then sent it off to another city for delivery that arrived the next morning. Not John's fault, so I'd go back to reefcleaners, but my next order (below) includes fish.

I just put in an order with Dr. Reef's quarantined fish, including 5 trochus and a conch, so we'll see if that is better. Overnight shipment. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience with reefcleaners. Nice interaction with the owner, but package arrived with one missing Nass vibex, one presumed dead blue leg (shell found but body never recovered), 2/3 trochus died shortly after arrival, all of the "fancy" ceriths DOA. But, way more dwarf ceriths than ordered, so that's something! "2-day" USPS definitely not worth it. Didn't bother trying to make a claim.

I just put in an order with Dr. Reef's quarantined fish, including 5 trochus and a conch, so we'll see if that is better. Overnight shipment. Fingers crossed!
I regret putting all those dwarf ceriths in my tank lol. I have way too many

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second (or nth’nd) @reefcleaners. Large crews and competitive prices and recommended by this very community.

Think about when you’re ordering, too. Vendors can account for and mitigate some conditions with packing (heat and cold packs), but only to some degree.

I’ve used LiveAquaria before for my original much smaller crew and they were okay. I had several DOA which for me was expected, but the return/credit policy is too tedious. So expect losses and decide what you’re willing to do in advance.

I ordered a 220 package from ReefCleaners and while I couldn’t count all creatures or observe that they were all alive (given how timid and annoyed small snails get), I will say that I am pleased and that I didn’t notice any DOA for the larger (more expensive) members of the package.

I would definitely shop there again and am considering even some of their other live goods.

Just got to wait for the spend-dollars-on-aquarium cooldown. LOL

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back