Where the gamers at?

Would you consider a r2r gaming night once a month

• Yes

Votes: 58 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Only if there was a 10k grand prize with no buy in.

Votes: 8 8.5%

• Total voters

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking wow classic? I played vanilla back in the day and essentially get onto wow kicks like once a year for about a month.
The grind is brutal. Everything takes forever to do. I got burnt out and am taking a brake after hitting level 35 after two weeks lol. Playing FFXIV atm but will play again when I feel it will be fun and not just compulsory.

xlLostlx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steam-osama1234

Play a little bit of everything, CSGO, GTAV, been playing gears of war 5 lately.

U

User1

View Badges
The grind is brutal. Everything takes forever to do. I got burnt out and am taking a brake after hitting level 35 after two weeks lol. Playing FFXIV atm but will play again when I feel it will be fun and not just compulsory.

It is a grind. So much that I was asking myself what is the point in the end. This is coming after playing GW2 for a few years now and its various expansion packs. The difference ignoring who does instances better, etc, is that at least in GW2 the gear progression stops stat wise with ascended. Sigils, runes, etc do have grinds, and other grinds, for legendary which gets into the fashion war aspect.

Shiny, fire, glows, hair, dyes, etc are the grind in GW2. With WoW classic I was trying to see where it was going and what I see is that it is again ending with raids only and gear. It won't stop and the PvP, which is what I'm usually after anyway, will be a closed env be it a battle ground or the 40 player map.

So not sure if I'm going to continue. It is fun. A bit harder than original launch. PvP server I'm on - biggles whatever it is - has more horde or so it seems. Few things make me giggle when playing.

At the end of the day it is what, 15 bucks for a month. I can forgo a few coffees to coffer it so no big deal. It allows me to escape reality for a few hours here and there. I just need to see a bit more about what the goal is, for me anyway. I do not have time for any long term grind so it may not be for me.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be a big time gamer starting with NES as a kid and getting heavily into competitive PC gaming in college (literally to an unhealthy level). Work/life/kid has almost eliminated my gaming time these days, but I occasionally get a chance to play some single player stuff like Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I wouldn't mind getting back into CS:GO but honestly the amount of cheaters in competitive matchmaking turned me off on that a while ago. I'm really looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2 coming out on PC next month as I don't have a PS4. The original was one of my favorite games of all time.

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mostly play on steam, lately focused on Monster Hunter: World and Stellaris, but I do streams of others regularly. I have a bunch of RPG and RTS, not so much the FPS that many mention.

Have Switch and PS4 available, but very few games, much less multiplayer. For all the old folks in the audience, I picked up a sweet copy of that new Link's Awakening remake :p :

20191008_073923.jpg

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many hours per day does one have to “game” to be classified as a gamer?

Roid Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roidrage12192 on Steam -
Been playing a ton of Hunt: Showdown lately, but also play some casual League and World of Warships.
going to add a few of you PC guys on here, may try to grab a few games if is see yall on.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xbox mainly. Some PC here and there.

I play Destiny and some Destiny and then a little Destiny. From time to time I'll dabble in a bit of Destiny.

If I'm not playing those you'll probably find me playing Destiny.

U

User1

View Badges
i really only play diablo 3.
my son has an xb1, but i never play with him.

Sounds a bit like my better half and our WoW run. I caught her looking here and there then when the expansion hit with the blood elf, burning crusade, she rolled on on the same server that I played on. Didn't say anything (Nurse, so can string some time off between shifts, right?) and one day I had this person just camping the hell out of me. Couldn't figure it out.

I finally heard tears of laughter and connected the dots. She rolled Horde just to troll me. She then rolled Alliance and we raided together for a bit after that. Funny thing is that this is still collateral damage from DaOC and our playing together back then. Competition can get pretty intense especially in some of those Darkness Falls runs or larger relic raids and moods can sometimes get in the way. Because of that we moved our computers and don't play near each other other than some occasions. So she had me setup right from the start.

At least with wow classic there is no BE and she rolled alliance - lol.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I play Madden and FIFA on Xbox 1, my gamer tag is PreCog88. Consider the gauntlet thrown down...I’m up for a wager anytime on Madden 18, my tank vs yours :cool:

(Disclaimer: I currently have 2,890 wins and am ranked 3rd)

thereefdoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Built a PC, have PS3/4, Switch, NES/SNES classic. Usually do single player stuff; I find it harder to get into most multiplayer games where most people are immediately way better than me! Recently finished Subnautica on PC. If anyone here hasn't played it yet and you like adventure games, I highly recommend it!

Peepers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PS4 here. COD mostly zombies mode as well
Been on a monster hunter kick lately both ps4 and old 3ds
Still occasionally get on GTAV with my wife to blow stuff up
We load up the old school systems once in a while for retro gaming nights :) Mario cart double dash gets way competitive.
Me and my wife both play PS4. I'm pretty sure we both have monster Hunter. What's your PS4 tag? Maybe we could run some together.

Back