Where the HECK do I put this tank?!? | BRS360

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is all about tank placement, which actually requires a lot more consideration than just "over there". After the show, we've go @Terence Fugazzi here with us to talk about how he placed his dream 425gal tank and how he considered tank placement!

Ryan talks about common challenges for his dream tank setup where he's got to think about his home's structure; fish room; ventilation; electrical; and a bunch more!

Talking BRS360 LIVE with Terence from Neptune Systems!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome video that brings up some really good points on tank placement. But I do think it's worth mentioning that even installing a large tank in your basement is still worth talking to an engineer about. Basement floors are usually poured with sub standard concrete and with very little reinforcement. Adding a large tank ontop of them while it won't collapse through the floor it can absolutely cause cracking and moisture issues as a result....

Last edited:

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, let’s say you have a perfect wall for a tank but absolutely no place for a fish room on the wall behind it. Also, in the scenario you have a nice sized crawl space but you live in the south with humidity being a huge issue for vented crawl spaces.
How far are you willing to go for a crawl space fish room? Or do you just get a big ol waterbox aquarium and call it a day?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, let’s say you have a perfect wall for a tank but absolutely no place for a fish room on the wall behind it. Also, in the scenario you have a nice sized crawl space but you live in the south with humidity being a huge issue for vented crawl spaces.
How far are you willing to go for a crawl space fish room? Or do you just get a big ol waterbox aquarium and call it a day?

If it's an outside wall, build a fish room outside, kindof like a shed attached to your house :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back