Where to Buy Egg Crate?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
6,864
Reaction score
6,574
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you all buy your egg crate from and for how much?
 
Thanks! I say it on BRS but didn't want to have to deal with shipping charges. The stuff from Lowes, would I need to wash it off first or anything?
 
I've never rinsed it or done anything special to it.

I've used both and the black is much nicer. Doesn't seem to grow algae as much either.
 
I've never rinsed it or done anything special to it.

I've used both and the black is much nicer. Doesn't seem to grow algae as much either.
Is there somewhere to get the back besides BRS?
 
Check local stores. Sometimes they can bring it in. We have 1 down in sac that gets the black sheets for like $25
 
At the lowes by my house its not in the lighting section, but by the baseboard and wood section for some weird reason
 
Aquarium Specialty is where I got mine this last time. I needed t5 bulbs, and frag plugs anyway, so my order was over $175, which gave me free shipping. They have some frag plugs that I have seen nowhere else, and that I use - Biotek Marine ceramic micro mount natural - a bag of 80 for $12. And they have ati t5 tubes. They pack everything better than anywhere else I have ordered from, too.
 
You can also use Krylon Fusion paint and paint it any color you want ;) I've been doing it for years no problems
 
The panels are ordinarily used for light diffusers, so you might check with a local lighting specialty store to see if they carry (or can order) the black eggcrate.
 
I get mine from my LFS.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new