Where to buy hawkfish

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to buy a hawkfish, leaning towards a Falco, Flame, or Longnose. I know Live Aquaria has some Falcos in stock, but with how much I hear of people having received sick or dying fish from them and all other complaints, I am admittedly hesitant about ordering from them.

So, I figured I would ask the R2R community about what online vendors you all recommend checking out, and more specifically if anyone has seen any selling hawkfish at the moment. So, any good recommendations??

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 19 fish in my tank and all but 2 came from divers den. Recently I lost the first fish from them, came alive but never swam straight and passed away that night and they took care of it right away. I have had really bad luck in the past from LFS with velvet and ich and having to constantly treat fish with copper. I’m not telling you to not quarantine all new fish. Check out TSM aquatics if live aquaria scares you away

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KP Aquatics has had some. Looks like a waiting list deal right now. But check out the Red Spot Hawk. Very nice people to deal with. Highly recommend them.
Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 1.34.48 PM.png

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pair of Flame Hawks from Divers Den. Sadly they died overnight to either ph or an acclimation fault on my behalf. They have the 14 day gurantee so I eventually ordered another pair. They've been doing great ever since. It's been about 7-8 months now.

JohnGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received an order from LA last week with fish, snails and a few other items and have to say it went great. nice packaging with insulation and ice packs, all bags were labeled and everything was in fine condition. So far everything is eating and doing well. Had an order with Blue Zoo a couple weeks ago and two animals died within 24 hours but have to admit they took care of me with a full store credit.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back