Where to buy snails online?

Sflynn313

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best site to buy snails I need to refresh my tank. I have ordered from fin addicts their service sucks ,been waiting almost 2 weeks for my snail package. I have made a claim with paypal.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rrrrrrraaaaagggggggeeeeee

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for any kind of cleaner snails for a 265. John is scared of shipping or something and won’t ship my order lol he rather just refund it instead of helping out his customers of like 10 years lol. any alternative is good with me.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for any kind of cleaner snails for a 265. John is scared of shipping or something and won’t ship my order lol he rather just refund it instead of helping out his customers of like 10 years lol. any alternative is good with me.
John has been fantastic for me over the years. I just got 50 two weeks ago from him. What happened? I imagine this last week he's been concerned due to the cold weather.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not buy from reefcleaners they dont care about their customers anymore too good to ship snails. i take back my recommendation
Seems like there must be more to this story considering a big part of their business is in shipping snails

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like there must be more to this story considering a big part of their business is in shipping snails
Sure here is there story i had a $200 package get held up due to the ice storm. At the same time i ordred from salty underground some nudis this package also got held up. As i really needed these items salty underground understood and is sending me a new package sweet right. Well Reefcleaners refuses to send me the snails that i really do need. He instead says screw off and ill just refund your money i have emailed him multiple times asking to reship my order when the weather is better but he refuses. I have placed orders with reefcleaners for over 10 years never had a problem up until now which he just blames it on COVID. I would of had no problem paying for UPS or FEDEX if hes having so much problems with USPS why use them? Why not alert your customers and its BS that he wont reship the order in his terms it doesn't say anything about not shipping an order on DOA. He keeps telling me go back to the website and replace your order???? WHY its already in the system, John why does it have to be so hard. Other normal companies who I deal with dont operate this way just a good way to lose life long customers.

Either way He refunded me my money so ill stop ranting about it ill just find another company that wants my business i can tell he doesn't care nor need my business which is fine

Figured I would share my experience with others so no one else has to deal with this shenanigan's

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John has been fantastic for me over the years. I just got 50 two weeks ago from him. What happened? I imagine this last week he's been concerned due to the cold weather.
Yeah i have had nothing but great things from reefcleaners up until now. I dont understand why i need to place a second order when it was DOA. Why wouldnt he just wait till next week till the weather is good and reship? Pain in the butt

polpo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used reef cleaners as well, The service and the product was great. However, later on down the line I did learn that the specific snails I had were not really the best to help with my problems. My LFS provided some more affective snails and crabs. They were also much bigger than what I got from reef cleaners.

You may also want to check out Algae Barn. I have had good luck with them as well.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used reef cleaners as well, The service and the product was great. However, later on down the line I did learn that the specific snails I had were not really the best to help with my problems. My LFS provided some more affective snails and crabs. They were also much bigger than what I got from reef cleaners.

You may also want to check out Algae Barn. I have had good luck with them as well.
Its a side note but I prefer smaller snails. They tend to have a short lifespan in our tanks and I find the smaller ones live longer.

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure here is there story i had a $200 package get held up due to the ice storm. At the same time i ordred from salty underground some nudis this package also got held up. As i really needed these items salty underground understood and is sending me a new package sweet right. Well Reefcleaners refuses to send me the snails that i really do need. He instead says screw off and ill just refund your money i have emailed him multiple times asking to reship my order when the weather is better but he refuses.
It's not your fault that your package was delayed, but it's not John's fault either. It is very fair to blame it on an ice storm and COVID. Put yourself in his shoes. However I do think they need to improve their packaging and insulation. My order arrived on time and it wasn't too cold in my area, but everything arrived dead. The box was smashed, and the post office left a note saying it was smashed when they received it... John reunded my money, but of course a replacement would've been great.

That is some very generous service from Salty Underground, they're a great company.

Last edited:

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not your fault that your package was delayed, but it's not John's fault either. It is very fair to blame it on an ice storm and COVID. Put yourself in his shoes. However I do think they need to improve their packaging and insulation. My order arrived on time and it wasn't too cold in my area, but everything arrived dead. The box was smashed, and the post office left a note saying it was smashed when they received it... John reunded my money, but of course a replacement would've been great.

That is some very generous service from Salty Underground, they're a great company.
Yeah it just sucks i really needed the snails. If john would of said he Tony lets use Fedex can we split 24$ shipping charges i would of been more then happy to split shipping. He wouldn't even acknowledge the replacement. I get it shipping's expensive products cost money just the way it was handled i dont ever want to work with him again which sucks. Its like he has so much business he could care less if he ships out a $200 order lol its all good ill find someone else no worries at all its life it happens

Last edited:

Cnidoblast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algaebarn sells snails and some unusual molluscs like limpets but the price is a tad high

The limpets seem cool but at 10 for 35 usd is a little high

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 63 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back