Where to buy snails online?

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent him a message and he got back the next day at about 7 am.
Sweet he just replied to me hes got some great pricing I'm going to place an order with him!

John decided to blow my phone and email up this morning just talking about how he has no control over USPS the man doesn't get it he doesn't get how he just pushes refunds on everyone and doesn't actually reship the orders that people need. I even brought up that his site clearly says they will simply fix the issue for you hahahahha this isn't true. He said I dont know where on the site it says that lol what a joke this guy is. Hopefully he reads this lol Since he doesnt even know whats posted on his own website. Seems to be out of touch with his own business :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1613855593484.png

He tells me hes too busy diving in FL picking up free snails that he cant handle my request without it going through the website. If he had to have everything go through the website why wouldn't he just tell me that instead he just immediately refunds my order? On top of that if it was really to keep inventory right why wouldn't he just duplicate my order in his ecommerce site to fully decrement the inventory?? I work on ecommerce sites all the time and know this is 100% possible that's how the sites should function so he doesn't have to worry about his free inventory....

Hes too busy diving for free snails to give a **** about customers who are actually paying him money lol. Then he called my phone 6 times to tell me he has no control over USPS.....still not grasping the concept at all

I told him to stop calling me and emailing me will see what happens lol

Cant wait to give this new guy a try see how things work out let me know how things work for you!

A2dahlberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted this seller featholeri*s_stuff to see if he could work something out with the size of the snails packs he sales. I only have a 13.5 gallon tank. I requested 5 of one snail and 5 of the other. His next response was awesome it was a link to his custom listing on eBay for even less than I was offering to pay him. Now if USPS will do their job right and redirect the shipment around the washout on HW101, I would get these snails alive.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sitting down, get ready for it---I've had great luck getting snails at--ready for it--at my local Petco. You can even ask them to get you some if they don't have any. My local one gets shipments in at least once a week so I never have to wait more than a week for snails.

EagleEye121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John at reefcleaners has been great in my experience. My only complaint is either he put in 30+ Cerith snails when I ordered 7, or one laid eggs and hatched during transit haha. Needless to say I had a big CUC for a 13.5 gallon

A2dahlberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update on my order. The snails arrived yesterday but I didn't know they arrived till today. They were delayed a day or 2 because of weather and the slide to my town. I thought everything was going to be dead... I ripped open the box and they were shipped with no water in them, so I kind of panicked but read the instructions they came with. Dumped them in a tub of tank water and put about a cup of tank water in it. To my surprise they one by one each started moving. So I am happy to report I had a 0 casualties.

rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order got lost from reefcleaners due to weather and John emailed saying he’ll resend this coming week. I have zero complaints and have ordered periodically for the last 8 years. Mine was a pretty small order and I appreciated his response. Weather was not his fault. I do feel bad for the snails though.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update on my order. The snails arrived yesterday but I didn't know they arrived till today. They were delayed a day or 2 because of weather and the slide to my town. I thought everything was going to be dead... I ripped open the box and they were shipped with no water in them, so I kind of panicked but read the instructions they came with. Dumped them in a tub of tank water and put about a cup of tank water in it. To my surprise they one by one each started moving. So I am happy to report I had a 0 casualties.
I have a package coming Monday pretty excited

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet he just replied to me hes got some great pricing I'm going to place an order with him!

John decided to blow my phone and email up this morning just talking about how he has no control over USPS the man doesn't get it he doesn't get how he just pushes refunds on everyone and doesn't actually reship the orders that people need. I even brought up that his site clearly says they will simply fix the issue for you hahahahha this isn't true. He said I dont know where on the site it says that lol what a joke this guy is. Hopefully he reads this lol Since he doesnt even know whats posted on his own website. Seems to be out of touch with his own business :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1613855593484.png

He tells me hes too busy diving in FL picking up free snails that he cant handle my request without it going through the website. If he had to have everything go through the website why wouldn't he just tell me that instead he just immediately refunds my order? On top of that if it was really to keep inventory right why wouldn't he just duplicate my order in his ecommerce site to fully decrement the inventory?? I work on ecommerce sites all the time and know this is 100% possible that's how the sites should function so he doesn't have to worry about his free inventory....

Hes too busy diving for free snails to give a **** about customers who are actually paying him money lol. Then he called my phone 6 times to tell me he has no control over USPS.....still not grasping the concept at all

I told him to stop calling me and emailing me will see what happens lol

Cant wait to give this new guy a try see how things work out let me know how things work for you!
Seriously dude how hard is it to just re-order on the site? It sounds like you make a hobby out of blowing this out of proportion and complaining.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd avoid these ebay nassarius snails. I did not have good luck with them.

Saying that, the seller does a good job. I wanted a quantity that he wasn't offering, and he quickly made me an ebay offer for exactly the quantity I was looking for at an excellent price compared to what my LFS charges for snails. He also ended up throwing in a a bunch extra to cover any die off, which there wasn't any. All the snails survived the (dry) shipping and came back alive within minutes of hitting water.

Where my issues stems is the snails themselves. I'm not sure these are really nassarius snails. At least not a kind that is helpful in our reef tanks. My ebay snails all started climbing the glass as soon as they were put in the tank. They haven't come down since. They don't burrow in the sand at all, they hang out on the glass and don't really do much. All my other nassarius snails burrow in the sand and all come out at the slightest hint of food hitting the water. These never leave the glass. Not only that, they are small and because they don't burrow, my hermit crabs are slowly picking them off one by one. Every day there are more and more empty shells laying on the sand.

I also bought periwinkle snails with these nassarius, and they might even be worse... Most climbed out of the tank and died around my tank within days of being put in. Out of the 30 or so that were put in, maybe 3 or 4 are still in the tank.
Save your money.

The price was good and the shipping and health of the snails was excellent, but these snails are completely not what I wanted or thought I was getting. I'm not sure if they are a different variety of nassarius, but they don't act like the traditional nassarius snails I'm used too and all the periwinkles just climbed out within days. Save your money.

Ended up having to buy some real nassarius from the LFS.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back