Where to buy soft corals?

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What is a good place to buy soft corals? The usual websites like unique corals , world wide corals and aqua SD don’t really have a good selection, I’m looking for stuff like sinularia, colt coral and things like that

Last edited:

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a good place to buy soft corals? The usual websites like unique corals , world wide corals and aqua so don’t really have a good selection
If you want a good selection, LiveAquaria is pretty good. To me however, they are hit or miss, so despite their guarantees, I can't really recommend them.

Cultivated Reef has healthy and diversely colorful soft corals, and for good prices too. So while their selection is not massive either, I would recommend them.

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you want a good selection, LiveAquaria is pretty good. To me however, they are hit or miss, so despite their guarantees, I can't really recommend them.

Cultivated Reef has healthy and diversely colorful soft corals, and for good prices too. So while their selection is not massive either, I would recommend them.
I have had bad experiences with live aquaria unfortunately, they sent me the wrong Hanna checker reagent and then refused to fix the problem, I will check that place out thank you!

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of soft corals are you talking about? Tons of places if you looking for something like zoas and mushrooms (though not saying prices are reasonable at most of them).

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to find a local reef store and Live aquaria. When I started keeping corals in 2007 I found a local reef store that sold only those beginner corals and the remaining I ordered from liveaquaria. Liveaquaria is great for beginner corals but make sure to not add Aiptasia anemone. Something I wish I had known about

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had bad experiences with live aquaria unfortunately, they sent me the wrong Hanna checker reagent and then refused to fix the problem, I will check that place out thank you!
Welp, I only had issues with a lot of deaths with LiveAquaria live stock, but the guarantees covered them. I mean I would not recommend live stock from LiveAquaria because I don't want to have to deal with bad quality live stock in the first place, plus it is always a hassle to reorder things and get charged over and over again for boxing and maybe even delivery and all that. I kind of always would not mind buying dry stock from them because I figured what could go wrong. But if they refuse to fix something as simple as accidentally sending the wrong Hanna checker reagent... that's kinda bad.

But yeah, check out Cultivated Reef. I have a lot of success with them. Holly also make sure to fully satisfy product requirements too, like if the product says a certain size or amount, well I never had any less. Sometimes more. My clove polyp for example came with two more heads than listed, and is growing super great.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tidal gardens has some. Also reach out to local reefers. I bet some of them have softies they will trade sell of give away.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried local and nslfs

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a good place to buy soft corals? The usual websites like unique corals , world wide corals and aqua SD don’t really have a good selection, I’m looking for stuff like sinularia, colt coral and things like that

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following
Aqua-cultured Corals | Marine Farmers Inc and SD Corals are recommended on a few other threads

I'm also looking to go soft dominant with mostly leathers and toadstool. Good luck and keep us posted where you end up getting them!
I for sure will, it’s crazy because I thought since they are beginner coral they would be easier to find lol

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I for sure will, it’s crazy because I thought since they are beginner coral they would be easier to find lol

Actually soft corals are making a comeback.
Some are getting pretty expensive. Weeping willow, Japanese toad stools, Pink Japanese Nepthea, stereonepthya etc.
I think the SPS market is stagnate with not much new and some of the hard finds are now some softies.
The hobby goes in swings. What was popular way back become popular again. Look at mushrooms, you used to not be able to give them away.

biocubeboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely tidal gardens, they’re solid. Don’t buy from Aqua SD. Their soft corals are always covered in pest.

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Money is in the sps world currently. Also LFS only sells a softy to a customer once, they don't die. SPS that LFS will sell them every time the guy looks at the tank wrong.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a list of coral websites to try from my bookmarks. The $20 shipping prices are the in state prices for me (FL). If you're curious, the "lava" notes are because I am looking for a lava lamp mushroom right now. Have fun!

1618427866524.png

If anyone had bad experiences with any of these, maybe you could let us know. I have seen Aqua SD and LiveAquaria problems mentioned in this thread.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back