Where to find cheap yellow tangs?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why

because tangs swim miles in the wild but 5-6 4feet is enough room to swim but 4 feet is isn’t
That’s too funny
who made the rules

to me if you get a fish to live 12 years and it grows big and far you are doing it right
12 years is not close to their life span. Find me any credible article that supports tank size doesn't matter.

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12 years is not close to their life span. Find me any credible article that supports tank size doesn't matter.
Credible article what does that even mean

you think marine biologist are doing studies to see if 4 feet is too small for tangs

cone on please

and 12 years to keep a fish in this hobby is a long time. Is it the longest in record no
But to dismiss 12 years as not a success is crazy

average lifespan of marine fish In this hobby isn’t close to 12 years. Read up on it

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found an article....

The idea that fish have special abilities to fit any given tank has developed out of a long term and widespread lack of understanding of their requirements. As we learn more about their needs and requirements, and information becomes more widely available, we need to question some of the long held myths surrounding fishkeeping.

A lack of information and understanding has led to many fish being housed inadequately. Some individual fish are robust enough to survive these conditions but their growth and health suffer as a result and they become stunted. This has given the impression that they have ‘grown to the size of their tank’. ‘Stunted’ means that a fish has not grown at the right speed, and to the right size, for its species.

Cold blooded animals are able to grow throughout their entire lives (Ettinger, date unknown). If a fish kept in a small tank is moved to a larger one it may well have a growth spurt as it takes advantage of improved living conditions. This can add to the illusion that it ‘grew to the size’ of the small tank and is now ‘growing to the size’ of the new, bigger one.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's another from our resident fish expert.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@page if you are planning on FOWLR or don't mine limited some corals you can keep. The Lemon peel angel is absolulty gorgeous and neon yellow with blue eye liner. Add it towards the end of stocking as they are semi-aggressive.

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a yellow scopas tang from NYaqutic, its 99% similar to yellow tang and only about 150ish.....
came with ich, but I am QT and treating it anyway....

Back