Where to get acrylic

KRAZE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Modern Plastics is in Shelton, Acrylic factory is in Bridgeprt, the owners of each are brothers. I personally go to Modern Plastics, I stop in just to see whats in the scrap bins even if I dont need anything, and Raul always hooks me up. I got all the acrylic for Mason (masedaddy) and built his sump with him, and have pointed several other members in their direction. They have all the weld-on levels, applicatiors and lots of other acrylic working supplies.

If your creative your brain will go wild with all the different size color and shapes of acrylic they have. I snagged a bunch of different diameter tubes last time I was there, gonna play with making a skimmer or reactor, just for fun lol

Masedaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brian, Just saw this now. As Kraze said, we went to Modern Plastics in Shelton. They have an extensive collection of scraps. Very easy to pick out what you need and the price is very reasonable. They have all the Weld on stuff too, you will need the applicator tool etc. There are tons of Youtube videos on building DIY sumps as well.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back