Where to get acrylic

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryan47
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Modern Plastics is in Shelton, Acrylic factory is in Bridgeprt, the owners of each are brothers. I personally go to Modern Plastics, I stop in just to see whats in the scrap bins even if I dont need anything, and Raul always hooks me up. I got all the acrylic for Mason (masedaddy) and built his sump with him, and have pointed several other members in their direction. They have all the weld-on levels, applicatiors and lots of other acrylic working supplies.

If your creative your brain will go wild with all the different size color and shapes of acrylic they have. I snagged a bunch of different diameter tubes last time I was there, gonna play with making a skimmer or reactor, just for fun lol
 
Hey Brian, Just saw this now. As Kraze said, we went to Modern Plastics in Shelton. They have an extensive collection of scraps. Very easy to pick out what you need and the price is very reasonable. They have all the Weld on stuff too, you will need the applicator tool etc. There are tons of Youtube videos on building DIY sumps as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new