Where to mount ato sensor (magnet) in 425xl v3 sump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Twodogsnnc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all... there is no real room on the right side of the sump to get a magnet on the outside of the return chamber (especially since it is in the back). Where are folks mounting it?

Thanks.

Howlnsound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mounted mine on the front glass of the return chamber.
The magnet is sealed so the other half is inside the sock tray chamber
Works well and don't get disturbed by pulling out the trays.
I keep socks in the 2 fuge side holes and cups in the first two holes closest to the drain pipes.

The ATO is great! Already saved my butt once.
I have 2 tanks on my Apex and my smaller IM40's water change DOS fell (totally my stupid fault) and broke one of the nipples on the fill pump when I was at work.
So the tank drained fineinto the waste water container, but new saltwater went all over the hardwood floor.
Had I had a Neptune ATO my pump would have alerted me and shut the pump down for drawing more than normal, but no, I have an IM TO which works but no safe guards.
So my freshwater filled the tank until the holing tank was empty knocking my saltlevels all out of whack.

In the meantime, my 425xl uses the same freshwater holding tank but IS hooked up to a Neptune ATO.

When it couldn't draw any freshwater, it shut the pump down and kept my levels stable, and saved the pump. Awesome!

Long story short the ATO for the Apex is a no brained and I am getting a second for the 40 so I don't have to worry anymore.
However I just saw they are coming out with an updated version, but I am not sure of the difference.

Kevin

OP
OP
Twodogsnnc

Twodogsnnc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mounted mine on the front glass of the return chamber.
The magnet is sealed so the other half is inside the sock tray chamber
Works well and don't get disturbed by pulling out the trays.
I keep socks in the 2 fuge side holes and cups in the first two holes closest to the drain pipes.

The ATO is great! Already saved my butt once.
I have 2 tanks on my Apex and my smaller IM40's water change DOS fell (totally my stupid fault) and broke one of the nipples on the fill pump when I was at work.
So the tank drained fineinto the waste water container, but new saltwater went all over the hardwood floor.
Had I had a Neptune ATO my pump would have alerted me and shut the pump down for drawing more than normal, but no, I have an IM TO which works but no safe guards.
So my freshwater filled the tank until the holing tank was empty knocking my saltlevels all out of whack.

In the meantime, my 425xl uses the same freshwater holding tank but IS hooked up to a Neptune ATO.

When it couldn't draw any freshwater, it shut the pump down and kept my levels stable, and saved the pump. Awesome!

Long story short the ATO for the Apex is a no brained and I am getting a second for the 40 so I don't have to worry anymore.
However I just saw they are coming out with an updated version, but I am not sure of the difference.

Kevin
Which ato are you using? Thanks.

Howlnsound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the Neptune Apex ATO Kit on my 425xl, and the IM ATO and matching pump on my IM 40 Fusion.

I highly recommend the Neptune ATO as I will be switching out the IM one shortly when the new version of the ATK comes out and even though I had no issues with mine, I may update the one I have to the new model as well.
It will also run stand alone if you do not have an Apex if you didn’t know.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back