Where would you put these 3 corals?

Rick's Reefing Adventures

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2023
Messages
272
Reaction score
114
Location
the Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
Now that I have "beat" dinos, and my zoanthids are starting to grow a lot, I have been wanting to add more corals.
A while ago I made this whole list of corals that I wanted etc etc, but sadly corals are quite expensive here, and the only place I can get them from is from an online store.

Yesterday I found 3 corals for a great price only 10 minutes away from me, which I am picking up tomorrow. I have read a lot about them, but I would still love some input on where I should place them.

The corals:
Red Acanthastrea
Meteor Shower Cyphastrea
Ricordea Florida Yellow

My tank (the rock with paly's is gone and these are old pictures as I am not currently at home):
IMG_4942.jpg

IMG_4936.jpg
 
I would put the meteor shower somewhere that it won't grow onto other corals. It doesn't need much light or flow. grows like a weed.

the red acan, up to you. they don't need a ton of light as well.

Really, all of them are able to grow with medium to low light and not too demanding. I would aim for the bottom half of your tank for sure.
 
All the corals you mentioned will grow under pretty much under any light. Stay under 400par and you will be fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new