Where's your Kill-a-Watt?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mono
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mono

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
539
Reaction score
512
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEY BRS Investigates team, Of course you've guys have put together the best lighting series ever. Where were you ten years ago when I started out!?

And kudos for running the "Black Box" tests. I know you guys don't sell them, so it was a community favor. Thank you! And Ryan held himself in check BUT you could really see he was struggling.

That said, Where's your Kill-a-Watt? Why not give us a Watt/Amp reading at the suggested setting for each light. I think it would a pretty interesting piece of information and pretty easy to do.

Obviously, one could factor in the cost of running a particular light at the recommended settings but the amperage draw can also be pretty useful as we work to max out our circuits. Help us avoid the plug-and-pray approach to flipping a circuit breaker. (OK, maybe I can add on one more heater and a new refugium light...ooops guess the light did it!)

Just a suggestion of things we'd like to see for 2021!
 
Last edited:
HEY BRS Investigates team, Of course you've guys have put together the best lighting series ever. Where were you ten years ago when I started out!?

And kudos for running the "Black Box" tests. I know you guys don't sell them, so it was a community favor. Thank you! And Ryan held himself in check BUT you could really see he was struggling.

That said, Where's your Kill-a-Watt? Why not give us a Watt/Amp reading at the suggested setting for each light. I think it would a pretty interesting piece of information and pretty easy to do.

Obviously, one could factor in the cost of running a particular light at the recommended settings but the amperage draw can also be pretty useful as we work to max out our circuits. Help us avoid the plug-and-pray approach to flipping a circuit breaker. (OK, maybe I can add on one more heater and a new refugium light...ooops guess the light did it!)

Just a suggestion of things we'd like to see for 2021!

I like the suggestion! We gave all of the lights we tested away last week, so I'm not sure you'll see a comprehensive test on lights and wattage draw in the near future. But, it would be an interesting thing to add to any BRStv investigates lighting videos going forward! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new