Whether to use filter socks or not? What do people think

I use them on my 120. Usually get 3 or 4 days out of them before changing them out. I have 5 socks and wash them all about every two weeks
 
i use them on the 180. it has 2 overflows and onle one gets a sock and the over gos to my fug.. i change them out every few days and feel they do wounders. to clean them i just throw them in the washer with some bleach and then i risne them out twice to make sure they are clean of the bleach.
 
Heck ,I had a filter and a skimmer,no wonder my corals look like crap..well I test my phosphate regularly like every 4 days,i cannot get them to 0 im always .03 ,I was wondering if its the socks holding gunk in there and thats the reason i cant get to zero. Using everything in the world to get them there,Do yall feed yalls fish daily,or what.. I can see pe mysyis in the sock everytime i clean

0.03 PO4 is fine, and some would say more beneficial than unreadable. A lot of my Zoas and Favia prefer some slightly higher phosphates. It's a fine line though and you need to test often.
 
I was just thinking about this today. I've been running socks since I've had a sump but I think I might just run the tank without one for a couple months to see if there are any differences. Great thread!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new