Which Algae Turf Scrubber?

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for spend $200-300 which rules out some of the pricier custom options like Floyd Turbo. I'm not looking to DIY build one myself.

Seems like both Icecap and Santa Monica fit my budget, but I've read the Icecap sprays excessively and heard mixed reviews on Santa Monica too. Any advice would be appreciated!

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would vote turbo scrubber just because it’s so well made and has the best lights and spray bar. I have seen used with decent price. Another option is clear water, found a used one on here with the covers

OP
OP
jefra

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would vote turbo scrubber just because it’s so well made and has the best lights and spray bar. I have seen used with decent price. Another option is clear water, found a used one on here with the covers
That has pretty bad reviews on Bulkreefsupply though

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That has pretty bad reviews on Bulkreefsupply though
I would go turbo, but you are looking at a budget, all the other scrubbers have the wrong slot pipe size and inferior lights. I have purchased other scrubber similar to icecap and wasn’t happy, eventually swapped to turbos and love the build quality.
This is a used turbo.

OP
OP
jefra

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go turbo, but you are looking at a budget, all the other scrubbers have the wrong slot pipe size and inferior lights. I have purchased other scrubber similar to icecap and wasn’t happy, eventually swapped to turbos and love the build quality.
This is a used turbo.
Thanks. Already replied there and PMed the guy. I think I'll try to get a used Turbo.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 163 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back